News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tall Ships Reminder

Started by Rune, July 28, 2008, 10:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rune

This is just a reminder to anyone interested...This weekened is the Duluth Maritime Festival...part of the festival are the three tall ships that will be in port and open for tours.  Just checking to see if anyone else besides Sorcha and I will attending, It should be fun!

http://www.visitduluth.com/maritimefestival/
Recommended by 4 out of 5

lady serena

The hubby and I are a big maybe/hopefully. :-\
Guppy # 81
Fins up

renren

Same here... hoping to be able to go sunday!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Muffin

Looks like the Capt. and I will be missing this adventure... We have a birthday party to go to...  :)

Have fun all and take lots of pictures!!!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Goody

Well it is a big weekend!!! We have Hairball on Friday night for Spirit Valley Days (street dance fee, maybe $5), if anyone is going to maritime fest on Saturday that is when I would go, then on Sunday right near there is the 94Xfest (tix are about$50)!! Rock on!!

If anyone wants to join me for the street dance or concert that would be super cool and if anyone is going to the Maritime fest on sat and I can trail along (cuz none of my locals are into this) let me know!

Also, mi casa es su casa. (being i know ya and ur not a weirdo, wait yeah scratch that) If saving money on a hotel by sleeping on my couch or camping in backyard makes the trip easier for ya then you are welcome to do so!!

Alison - Not Caterina Anymore

Oh way cool. We are going to be up north this weekend anyway. So we might have to go check it out. It's only 45 minutes to Duluth from our farm...good day trip idea!

Muffin

Quote from: Goody on July 28, 2008, 01:15:51 PM
Well it is a big weekend!!! We have Hairball on Friday night for Spirit Valley Days (street dance fee, maybe $5), if anyone is going to maritime fest on Saturday that is when I would go, then on Sunday right near there is the 94Xfest (tix are about$50)!! Rock on!!

If anyone wants to join me for the street dance or concert that would be super cool and if anyone is going to the Maritime fest on sat and I can trail along (cuz none of my locals are into this) let me know!

Also, mi casa es su casa. (being i know ya and ur not a weirdo, wait yeah scratch that) If saving money on a hotel by sleeping on my couch or camping in backyard makes the trip easier for ya then you are welcome to do so!!

awwww man... Hairball is playing!!!! Thems good friends of mine!!! I love going to their show!!!! Someone give Dan and Happy big hugs and kisses from me!!  :-*
A Captains Wench

Ette

Goody

awwww man... Hairball is playing!!!! Thems good friends of mine!!! I love going to their show!!!! Someone give Dan and Happy big hugs and kisses from me!!  :-*
[/quote]

You should skip ur thing and come and play!!! its really fun! All the Duluth craziez turn out for this!

SleepyArcher

DANG! I work all weekend....
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

DeadBishop

I WAS going, but my job sucks donkey balls, so that's a big no for me...

R/F.com member since 2003

Rage

LD and I talked about it and I don't think we are going either. Saving our money for fest instead.

Whoever goes have fun and take pictures.

Muffin

Quote from: Goody on July 28, 2008, 04:41:28 PM

You should skip ur thing and come and play!!! its really fun! All the Duluth craziez turn out for this!
[/quote]

yeah... can't skip Neato's birthday... plus she has free beer, and that's my favorite kind... hee hee!! *loves you Neato girl*  :-*

Still Hairball friggen rocks!!!
A Captains Wench

Ette

Goody

ok so now they cancelled Xfest for Sunday so since I'll prolly be hungover on sat I may go to Maritime thingy on Sunday.

Addled Wench

I will be attending with DH and DS.  Going up Friday and returning Sat evening to dake delivery of my new puppy.

BTW....hi everyone...long time no chat.  I finally got another puter after the last one got zapped.

~Addled Wench~
Official Kilt Inspector

renren

Quote from: Goody on July 30, 2008, 12:21:59 PM
ok so now they cancelled Xfest for Sunday so since I'll prolly be hungover on sat I may go to Maritime thingy on Sunday.
Yay!
We'll be there, sans kiddos,too!
They'll be tired by sunday, after the county fair, and a family reunion on saturday!
So, they can rest up at grammas!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Goody

Been sewing ALL day and listening to the radio too (and watched the news last night but can I trust their reporting, ya remember how great the coverage was for Twig?!). It is freakin crazy down there! Traffic has been backed up the hill on the freeway! (even Friday morning it was!) Think I'll stay on higher ground...

ok me again... news just said nearly all 25,000 tix have already been sold and tourism is up 20-30% over what Grandmas marathon does. I even got bulletins on Myspace from the locals saying steer clear of needing to go down the hill etc.

Alison - Not Caterina Anymore

We also decided not to go. Instead we went to brunch at Toby's in Hinckley and heard multiple conversations about the lines and crowds. Needless to say we were happy we didn't drive in. We went to see the new Batman movie instead. (c:

Goody

Got free tix so we decided to go down there. If you are an enthusiast I spose it could be fun. I am not and decided lines were too long to actually tour. I expected there to be more in the surrounding area (they didnt even have mini donuts for crying out loud!) There was music with a nautical theme and souvenirs but not a whole lot else. Considering the crowds vendors could have done really well. My joke was they missed the boat on that one.