News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fabric Search

Started by Orphena, October 25, 2016, 08:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orphena

Greetings friends!

Although my wallet is not yet ready for this, I suppose I had better admit that I am searching for fabric for a new queen's gown.

Festival is Canadian Summer (which can be quite humid), and we have encountered monsoon (it rained sideways), so silk is not wise.

I am looking for solid (not patterned) PURPLE - royal purple. Cotton poly mix (at least 60% cotton), with a sheen. Less than $15 (Canadian - that is about $10 US) a meter preferred.

And to add to the level of difficulty- I am Canadian - so referring me to your local JoAnns (we don't have those here!), or similar fabric store will not work so well! Online stores preferred!

Help me fellow garbers - you're my only hope!

Gramercy!
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

Merlin the Elder

;D ... love the Star Wars reference...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Butch

http://www.fabricguru.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=1160257

I love Fabric Guru!  They are great!

If this isn't right, please search their site deeper.  Good luck!

Orphena

Cilean

How about Cotton Sateen? In a Mulberry colour?  Run this through a dye vat and it will come up Mulberry!  It is $6.99 US!!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Discount-Fabric-Sateen-Cotton-Rose-Red-Dobby-Dots-SA201-/360806716048?var=&hash=item5401c19290%3Am%3AmKpNDoKZbh2IJTeTCY6gK-Q

Lady Cilean Stirling
"Looking Good is not an Option, It is a Necessity"
My Motto? Never Pay Retail

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

if anyone has a yard or two of this no longer available fabric called French Quarter by Waverly, let me know. I need some for a project. The piece I have is not long enough for what I have in mind.

If anyone can help me, I will be in your debt and willing to offer a fair price for it. PM me.

"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I scored well on acquiring whatnI needed of the French Quarter by Waverly. Thank you to all who may have looked in their stashes.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Orphena

Thank you all for your help! I ended up getting some purple sateen - the skirts are finished, bodice still work in progress! Will post pics once I am done (and my fingers stop aching with all the hand stitched trim!)