News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A NEW Faire is coming!!!

Started by Dinobabe, January 10, 2015, 03:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinobabe

I am excited to announce that Memphis, TN is finally getting it's own Renaissance Faire!  The faire will take place Aug 22-23 and 29-30, 2015.  As I receive more details I will keep everyone apprised.  I hope to see you there!

http://midsouthrenfaire.com/

https://www.facebook.com/midsouthrenfaire
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

theChuck

The Renlist - find faires near you!

BLAKDUKE

Sketchy info on the website.  It is close enough to attend but the time of year, it is going to be H O T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Merlin the Elder

Although a mere 2.5 hours away, I would not attend that time of year.  It would be suicide.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

BLAKDUKE

Surely you have spells and incantations that would protect you.

Merlin the Elder

I am indeed powerful, but I have lived in Memphis before, and August is not a time I wish to be there...

BLAKDUKE

Understandable, when my wife and I did the Tenn. faire we ran for 2 years in June and that was bad enough but August is unthinkable.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We were in Memphis last year in early August and it was 104 degrees,  I wore my kilt and was still hot :)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Dinobabe

Quote from: theChuck on January 11, 2015, 12:12:36 PM
Just listed it on The Renlist: http://bit.ly/1DMQu65

Grammercy!!

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on January 11, 2015, 10:10:58 PM
Sketchy info on the website.  It is close enough to attend but the time of year, it is going to be H O T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The website went live just a few days ago so we are still trying to flesh things out.  It takes a village to make it happen!  ;)
I will continue to post updates as I receive them.

I am not necessarily looking forward to the hot weather either, but having lived here many years and participated in Civil War reenactments wearing a wool uniform it is still doable.  :o  We will be sure to have plenty of water on hand.  I think a lot of the decision on August was due to other local events and availability of an event site.  I will be sure to pass on all of the heat concerns at our next meeting.  Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Merlin the Elder

I have to avoid being overheated like that, so it's just a "me" thing. I know lots of folks who can't handle the cooler temperatures that I thrive on--40s-50s.  We all have our limitations. I don't think a wizard in a speedo will work, and it would be an ugly image indeed!

That said, I wish ALL the luck to this new endeavor!

BLAKDUKE

WIZARD IN A SPEEDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you make me go to bed tonight with that image in my head

May the fleas of 1,000 castrated camels infest you beard!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Merlin the Elder

Aye, Blakduke...it is a frightening mental image indeed!  The Wizard apologizes.

Craigmeister

I'll post this new Renfaire on www.meistersrealm.com as soon as my new web host transfers my files over.  Should be done in a few days.

The Oklahoma Renfest was held in August its first few years.  They made the move to May after that.  I can totally understand the need to keep your patrons and playtrons from passing out due to the heat.  Keeping a faire in the heat of the summer will only bring about its demise in the southern part of the country.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Dinobabe

Quote from: Craigmeister on January 14, 2015, 11:19:58 PM
I'll post this new Renfaire on www.meistersrealm.com as soon as my new web host transfers my files over.  Should be done in a few days.

Thank you!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Craigmeister

I've posted your faire on my website.  It should push to the internet sometime today.  I hope you have a great inaugural season!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Dinobabe

Quote from: Craigmeister on January 19, 2015, 09:16:08 AM
I've posted your faire on my website.  It should push to the internet sometime today.  I hope you have a great inaugural season!

Thank you!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com