News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2015 SWFF Move-in and following weekends

Started by mpullen, January 13, 2015, 07:38:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mpullen

Okay, posting some information that I get asked about every day on the phone:

Yes, Jan 16-18 is a Gathering weekend. If you are camping, you may camp for free from noon Friday to noon Sunday.

Clans can start setting up their camps and leave everything onsite until after closing weekend.

Friends of Faire who camp in the General Campgrounds may setup their camps this weekend. Make sure you have a sign stating FoF status, name, and phone number.

Remember, the Faire is not liable for any damage or loss in the campgrounds.

Permanent structures may no longer be constructed, other than tent bases.

Bring chainsaws to help cut up firewood for the Seven Sisters.

Do not walk around the Faire area unless on a work group, as vendors are starting to move in their products.

If you want to come onsite after the Gathering and before opening, get Shane's approval.

There will be a walk-thru of the new reserved clan camping area at 2 PM on Friday. There are presently 8 groups on the waiting list. There may not be enough available land for all of them.

I will be placing signs in the Participant's Campgrounds Thursday and then working the Participant's Campgrounds check-in tent Friday through Sunday, where we will be handing out Vendor packages, Participant passes, Friends of Faire passes, and collecting Participant camping/pet fees. I'll also be busy Thursday doing a GPS survey on the Patron's campgrounds to provide a map for the campgrounds handout.

Jees, I love being retired, so I can relax every day, doing nothing. Yeh, right. This is the love of my life.

GNASloth

KiltedPrivateer

We definitely appreciate your dedication Mike.  Without you Sherwood camping would certainly not be the campground it is today.  See ya Saturday.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara