News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Museum Replicas Boots Any Good?

Started by Dinobabe, January 22, 2015, 09:48:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinobabe

Has anyone purchased boots from Museum Replicas?  Specifically this pair if possible http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-846-ladies-pirate-boots.aspx
Are they good shoes, hold up well, fit well, comfortable, water tightish, etc.?
Thank you!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

gem

Milord has had these boots for about 5 seasons now, and he loves them. The heels popped off immediately, but we just Shoe-Goo'd them back on and have not had any problems with them since. He's had lots of different footwear, from Minnetonka mocs to $$$ handmade shoes by an artisan at fair (one of the familiar names; Nativearth, maybe?), and these are hands down his favorite, comfort-wise. In fact, he's asked for a backup pair for his birthday.

Obviously, shoe fit/comfort is extraordinarily personal, but as far as durability goes, we've been pleased with our one pair. It's also pretty easy to return things to MR, and we've always had great service from them.

Hoowil

I did get my boots from them, but not those. The ones I got were the knee high laced boots from Minitonka Moccasins, and they've lasted me going on 17 years now, with only having to replace the laces lace year. The few other items I have ordered form Museum Replicas in the past have all been pretty well worth it, but I've not gotten anything from them for probably 12 years.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Dinobabe

Easy returns is good to here. 
And if you haven't bought from them in many years it means the stuff you have has lasted!   ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com