News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

new Mid-South Renaissance Faire in Memphis, TN

Started by midsouthrenfaire_beth, January 29, 2015, 11:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

midsouthrenfaire_beth

Hello and well met from the new Mid-South Renaissance Faire in Memphis, TN!  My name is Beth Kitchen and I am one of two co-founders. My business partner, Aundrea Lowery, and myself have begun fast and furiously planning for the faire this August 22, 23, 29, 30th, 2015 at Shelby Farms Park Conservancy. We have artisan/merchant vendor applications up on the website and concessions and performer applications posted soon.  Please stop by and take a look at midsouthrenfaire.com!

midsouthrenfaire_beth

Hi there!  ALL of the applications are now up for the Inaugural Mid-South Renaissance Faire in Memphis, TN on August 22, 23, 29, 30, 2015.  So far we have booked Paragon Jousting, Bawdily Harm, Haggis Rampant, lutenist John Ross, etc.  Check us out at http://midsouthrenfaire.com
Thanks!!,
Beth Kitchen, co-founder

Dinobabe

Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

filip

Dinobabe

Nice products!  I look forward to seeing you there.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Dinobabe

Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Dinobabe

We held a small fundraiser for our faire last night.  The queen debuted her dress (still a few more finishing touches to add before fair) and we had a lot of fun testing out our dancing abilities.

Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Craigmeister

I would love to see pix from this faire.  My buddy, Pastor Dave Leroy, is setting up his "Feather In Your Cap" booth at least during the first weekend.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Dinobabe

Quote from: Craigmeister on August 22, 2015, 01:25:20 AM
I would love to see pix from this faire.  My buddy, Pastor Dave Leroy, is setting up his "Feather In Your Cap" booth at least during the first weekend.

Here are a few from the local paper.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/galleries/mid-south-renaissance-faire-gallery
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

BLAKDUKE

Overall how did the event go???  Well attended, to hot, to cold???????
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Craigmeister

I received second-hand word through two vendors that it was very well attended for a first year faire; and that was just on the first weekend.  (Over 2,000 patrons that weekend, if I recall.)  It was a little hot with rain in the mornings, more on Saturday than Sunday.  I sent a message to a co-worker today asking how the second weekend went.  I'll relay her response when I get it.

Even if the temp is not awfully high, just having the sun beat down on you can drain you.  I found that out a few weeks ago at a little Kansas Renfest.  While this Tennessee faire did well, if they move it to the fall or spring, it will do much better.  That was a key to success for the Oklahoma Renaissance Festival almost 20 years ago.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Dinobabe

We did amazingly well despite two days of rain!  A big thank you to all that came.  We look forward to an even more amazing second year.  And, of course, if you would like to vote for us in the RenFest Podcast Awards fell free!  ;)

http://renaissancefestivalmusic.com/awards/
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com