News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Grand Lake Renaissance Festival - NE Oklahoma

Started by Emerald Shaunassey, February 09, 2015, 05:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerald Shaunassey

Greetings All,
     I beg forgiveness for not having been on these Forums in a very long time.  I also wanted to share my latest venture with each of you.

Faire Name:     Grand Lake Renaissance Festival
State:    Oklahoma
Faire Start Date (YYYY-MM-DD):    2015-04-04
Faire End Date (YYYY-MM-DD):   2015-04-05
Management Business Name:   Williams Entertainment
Management Fax:    N/A
Management Email: GrandLakeRenFestival@yahoo.com
Event Web Page:  http://okierennie1.wix.com/williams-entertain
Event City:  Ketchum, Ok
Event Street Address: 32374 S. Hwy 82 Vinita, Ok
Event Zip:    74301
Directions to the Event:  Located near Grand Lake. From Vinita, take Hwy 60/US 69 East to OK-82 South. Turn right onto South Hwy 82 and continue 5.2 miles. The festival will be on your left side behind Bobber's Cafe.
Event Start Time: 10AM both Saturday & Sunday
Event End Time: 6pm Saturday, 5pm Sunday
General Contact Name:    Kittye Williams-Stuart
General Contact Number: 918-244-1886
Craft Contact Name:  James Stuart
Craft Contact Number: 918-244-6734
Performer Contact Name: Kittye Williams-Stuart or James Stuart
Performer Contact Number:    918-244-1886 or 918-244-6734
Food Contact Name:  Kittye Williams-Stuart or James Stuart
Food Contact Number:    918-244-1886 or 918-244-6734
PR Contact Name: Kittye Williams-Stuart
PR Contact Number:    918-244-1886
Number of Booths: 20-30
Number of Stages: 2-3
Annual Attendance: Unknown, Inaugural Year
Admission Prices: Adult: $5.00 18-59 years; Military (with ID) and Sr. Citizens $3.00 Children: $3.00 5-17 years
Year Established: 2015
Description of Your Faire: Step back in time to 1529 and the quaint Scottish loch side village of Queensferry. Join Her Most Royal Majesty Queen Margaret Tudor as she makes a stop in Queensferry on Her way Progress from Edinburgh. 
Theme: Scottish Renaissance
Village Name: Queesferry, Scotland
Village Year:    1529
Total Days Faire Runs: 2 days/1 weekend   
Costume Policy: Welcomed but must be family friendly (no chainmaille bikinis)
Camping: On site for Festival Participants.  Off site in several state parks around Grand Lake o' the Cherokees for Patrons.
Picnic: Onsite, outside the Festival gates; no outside food or drink allowed through Festival gates
Alcohol Policy: Wine and Mead available onsite through DiamondHead Winery
Animal Policy:  Service Animals only.
Hotel City: Holiday Inn Express in Vinita, Super 8 Motel in Big Cabin, Grand Lodge in Ketchum
Hotel State: Same
Weapon Policy: All blades must be fully sheathed and peace bound; non-firing replica firearms only
Nearby Cities:    Ketchum, Langley, Vinita, Grove, Miami, Pryor
Nearby States:    Kansas, Missouri, Arkansas
Directions Link: https://goo.gl/maps/GGMcy
Ticket URL: http://okierennie1.wix.com/williams-entertain

IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Craigmeister

I was happy to set my tent up at this new fest!  There were plenty of good performers and vendors, the queen made my niece feel special and everyone involved was very friendly.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rani Zemirah

This was in April of this year?  Possibly coinciding with another Faire here in the state, then? 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

Yes.  I believe it was the last weekend of April in 2015.  In 2016, it will be held on April 23rd and 24th.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Rani Zemirah

Ahh... well, the last weekend is much easier than the first weekend, by far!  According to the info in the original post it was set for the first weekend of the month, and that's when we're in Norman most every year, unless it falls in March, as it occasionally does, depending on the Easter holiday.  Of course, I believe the final weekend in April we might have been in Muskogee... but I would have to look at my calendar to be positive.  Still, it sounds like an interesting little Faire!  I do enjoy the Scottish countryside!  Not sure about leaving everything in a public campground during the day, though.  That makes me a bit nervous. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Craigmeister

Emerald is good about not organizing faires on the same weekend as another nearby event.  That is a great lesson she taught me that I try to pass onto others.  The queen she had this year used to be the queen at the Castle of Muskogee.  She is very personable.  She also had the same birds of prey group.

The rest of the performers are all quality acts.  Emerald knows how to create a great Renaissance atmosphere.  I have not camped before but it was possible to see the campgrounds from the faire site.  I believe the site will move a hundred yards or so next Spring.

Rani Zemirah

Having camping nearby is important... but it looked like the info above says the adjacent camping was only for participants, and not attendees.  We aren't always able to either vend or perform, but if we travel for Faire we do want to stay the whole weekend, so close camping is important. 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede