News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who's planning to go?

Started by RahBur, February 11, 2015, 08:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RahBur

I've never been to Faire :) I and if I go, I may be venturing out alone, but I'm very friendly and would love an opportunity to meet others with similar interests as mine! Advice for first-timers?

Jade

I'm hoping to. It'll be my first time at this one too.

Merlin the Elder

We are tentatively planning for opening weekend. They are changing their time period this year, so not sure what to expect.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RefMom3

My cousin and I are planning on opening weekend again this year. I should probably remind her...

Merlin the Elder

People are starting to talk, RefMom3...  8)

RefMom3

People are always talking, Sir. Are they saying anything about which I should know?

Craigmeister

For a first-timer at faire, please take some $1 bills to tip live entertainers.  Also give a hearty "Huzzah" if you like an act.  Drink plenty of water a couple of days before and during faire if it's going to be hot.  If you dress up in period garb, you will have much more fun.

For a first-timer at Muskogee, make sure you check out Ezndil, Bob The Incredible Juggler & the Escapologist.  The best jousting will be the last one of the day.  You can rent garb at Muskogee if you don't have anything to wear.  (Unfortunately, that's kind of a rarity in these parts.)   
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Merlin the Elder

Previously, it had been Henry VIII's reign, but they are changing to Elizabeth I this year.

Butch

We'll be going.  Not sure when, we went for the first time last yr, and really enjoyed it!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Butch on March 06, 2015, 12:01:22 PM
We'll be going.  Not sure when, we went for the first time last yr, and really enjoyed it!

hey, we are going the 16th of may - going down Friday coming back Sunday
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on March 06, 2015, 12:41:25 PM
hey, we are going the 16th of may - going down Friday coming back Sunday
Hmmmm, maybe.  We can't go during opening weekend, so that one is looking pretty tantalizing!

Rani Zemirah

We're going to try for opening, and maybe one other, as well.  Not sure we'll be able to do the whole weekend each time, but we will at least try to get in two day trips.  See you all there!  :) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RefMom3

Very much hope to see you, Rani! My cousin and I are planning on opening weekend. I am trusting that the universe will agree ;)