News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who's planning to go?

Started by RahBur, February 11, 2015, 08:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamtaro

First adventure to the Castle!  Yay!!  I'll be traveling with a group of 3 more (so far) from CoMO.  None in the group have previously visited the Oklahoma Festival.  We're still working out which weekend is best for the group!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Hey Tamtaro - we are going May 16, trying to get Butch to go the same time.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Jade

I'll be there the last weekend! Super excited!

Tamtaro

My group is currently looking at the first two weekends.  Sorry I'm going to miss some of you!! :(   
Gauwyn - perhaps we will see you and yours at Canterbury/KCRF again this year?

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: RefMom3 on March 11, 2015, 10:23:17 AM
Very much hope to see you, Rani! My cousin and I are planning on opening weekend. I am trusting that the universe will agree ;)

We are certainly going to try!  It would be lovely to have a little more time to spend with you two, and the Wiz and his lovely bride, as well!  It seemed to fly past so quickly last time! 

We would like to try and make it to Tea With The Queen this year, as well, since we haven't been able to make that happen so far.  It sounds rather pleasant, I think.  :) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RefMom3

We did the tea with the Queen last year, and it was very fun, even though we were two old ladies without kids ;). They have obviously had a change of cast for this year, but I was so impressed with how Lisa Marenghi involved the little girls in the event, and made it special for them. I'm sure Chris Ryan will be equally gracious.
If my cousin is able to make it, she would probably enjoy going to the King's Smoker (that is very much a Cindy sort of thing!), but since I'm not sure she'll make it, I hesitate getting tickets beforehand.

Rani Zemirah

Well, since I'll be with my ScallyWag the Smoker is out for us (and I don't do well around smoke, anyway), but I am definitely considering the Tea.  I'm not sure, though, since Scally is 14, now, and I don't know if it would really entertain her at this point.  I might have left it to late, and need to find something a bit more "grown-up" to interest her, instead.  I'll have to think on it, and peruse the schedule of events, and see what presents itself.  I believe we will definitely try to make the Chess Match, since we have more than one friend who will be battling in it this year... and the belly dancers, of course.  Likely the Joust and Birds of Prey, as well.  Beyond that, however, I'm not sure.  We have never really spent any time in the Italian Quarter, and it seems to be nicely shaded in the afternoon... so we might have to do a bit of exploring in there, this year.  I'm guessing I will likely need to do a bit of sitting, as well... so anywhere with benches is going to be welcome!  We so seldom seem to sit and watch any of the shows while we're there, and this year we're staying for the whole of opening weekend, so maybe we'll try to remedy that.  Beyond that, it's anyone's guess!  We are just looking forward to seeing everyone... and it seems that every year we add more people to the list of those whom we are excited to see when we walk through the gates of our home Faire!  It's taken a while to start getting to know people out there... mainly because not many of them are HERE, on R/F, for some reason.  But I'm really starting to get excited, now... and counting down the days!  :) 

Quote from: Tamtaro on March 16, 2015, 12:05:10 PM
My group is currently looking at the first two weekends. 

Tamtaro, hopefully I will catch sight of you there, and recognize you!  If I do I will definitely stop you and introduce myself, and any of our party that happen to be strolling with us at the time.  I'll be keeping my eyes open!  Do you have an R/F pin, by chance?  I am always on the lookout for them, and it's a good way to find others from the forums, here.   
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Tamtaro

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on April 14, 2015, 01:54:43 AM
Tamtaro, hopefully I will catch sight of you there, and recognize you!  If I do I will definitely stop you and introduce myself, and any of our party that happen to be strolling with us at the time.  I'll be keeping my eyes open!  Do you have an R/F pin, by chance?  I am always on the lookout for them, and it's a good way to find others from the forums, here.
I don't have a pin, but I am overly fond of my crazy hat (as seen in avatar picture).  So if you see the hat, wave to the person underneath! ;D

Merlin the Elder

You can recognize Tamtaro from the smile, too! I know!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Tamtaro

Merlin the Elder

Opening day of Castleton was great! I saw most of my brother knights, and accompanied RefMom3 and her lovely and fun cousin Cindy... Saw Rani and Scally, Jim Ponte, and TAMTARO (and her mum)! I turn around and there is this great grin looking up at me! So much fun to see you, Luv!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Rani Zemirah

I'm so sorry I missed you, Tamtaro!  I knew I was supposed to be on the lookout for you, but with everything going on I don't think I knew where I was looking half the time!  If it wasn't for my daughter Scally I would have even missed Merlin, Nim, RefMom and her cousin!  She spotted them from across the village green!  Good thing one of the Queen Anne's Lace "ladies" woke her from her little mini-nap!  lol  I wish I had been able to check here before we left, though... I would have been on the lookout for the hat!  Hopefully we will meet another time, though.  :) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Rani Zemirah

Oh!  I almost forgot to post about what a wonderful time we had!  We were able to spend some time on Saturday afternoon (after ScallyWag finally spotted them) with Merlin and his ever lovely bride, Nim, and the gracious RefMom and her entertaining cousin Cindy, as well as running into Capt. Jack Daniels (Jim P.) of Black Pearl Leather several times, and also Scott Chene, as well!  On Sunday we were there in plenty of time for Cannon (although we still didn't make it in for the Gate Show, of course)... and we sat in the shade and waited for all of our friends to arrive, shopped a bit, and then went back out to the parking lot for a bit of a lunchtime tailgate.  My daughter and I have been wanting to host a little something for our friends for the last few years, but just it hasn't worked out until this year... and we were able to bring a few treats for a nice light luncheon in the shade.  Barring a bit of dust borne upon the lovely breeze, it was a very nice repast... and after bidding a very fond farewell to our favorite wizarding family we went back inside to enjoy the rest of our visit.  It was lovely... and we arrived home exhausted but happy shortly before 11pm, after the long drive (not anywhere NEAR as long as some, though) back.  It was a wonderful visit, and we were so very sad to leave it all behind us.  We are looking forward to seeing all of you next time! 

We're really hoping to make one more trip out this season, but I will have to figure out how to scrape together the finances for the trip.  If not then we will definitely be going back for the Halloween event, which I know many of you will also be attending, as well!  We will most certainly see you there!  :) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RefMom3

It absolutely was a lovely time, and I was most happy to meet Tamtaro and companion ;)  It was such a warm moment to see her reaction, when Merlin introduced me by name and she smiled, and I realized I needed to use Refmom3--that recognition reaction gave me such warm fuzzies, lol. Thank you so much for that, Lady Tamtaro.
Rani and Scally's lunch was generous and delightful; thank you so much for including us. Merlin had to warn me several times to avoid poison ivy; poor man probably wonders how daft I can be ;)

I would go back to the Castle for another visit this year in a Muskogee minute, but other responsibilities prevent it. I get to look forward to Halloween. I love having things to look forward to.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Unfortunately our plans have changed - in an attempt for M'lady to show off her jump roping skills, barefoot, in the driveway, she broke a bone in her foot.  I am not up to carrying her  :P

Maybe next year
:( :(
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell