News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who's planning to go?

Started by RahBur, February 11, 2015, 08:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin the Elder

Oh! NO!!!   Give that lady a hug for me, would you?  So sorry!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 06, 2015, 11:22:33 AM
Oh! NO!!!   Give that lady a hug for me, would you?  So sorry!

Will do

You know me and the ones who travel with me  :( 
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rani Zemirah

Oh, what a shame!  And how painful it must be, as well.  I'm so sorry your plans have had to be cancelled... but we will look for you next season! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RahBur

I'm heading to the Castle tomorrow, for the first time, with my family in tow. Really looking forward to it, and hope the rain holds off!

Rani Zemirah

Hope you had a great time, despite the rain! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RahBur

we did! managed to miss the rain, as luck would have it! turned out my two boys were being knighted by King James during the small shower :) All in all, a good day, thanks for asking, Rani!

Rani Zemirah

Oh, how sweet!  They do have a fun little knighting ceremony there, and the Quest is always fun for the kids, as well!  I'm always thrilled when kids come up to me and ask me to help them with their clues, because OF COURSE everyone in garb must live in the village, right?  And know everything there is to know about everything... simply because we look like we belong there!  :)  And of course I always know right where to send them, even when I haven't had a chance to read the clues...  lol  I think next year my daughter and I are going to have to make some favors for the kids...

If you don't mind me asking... what area are you from, RahBur?  I may have missed your Greetings thread, so I'm not sure where you hail from... and I haven't been spending anywhere NEAR as much time here on R/F as I used to... thanks to that other time-sucking place where people disappear for days on end, sometimes never to be seen again!  The "Book of Faces" should really have a much more sinister name, I think...  ;)  Anyway, I'm asking because I was wondering if we might be seeing you and your boys again for Haunted Castle this year, during October?  Granted, it's not quite as all encompassing as Faire... but from what I gather (this will be my first year to attend, even though I have friends who have been going for YEARS!) it's LOADS of fun! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Rani Zemirah

And it appears as though we might actually have something of a little thread going, here!  Who woulda ever thunk it?  Our own little Faire with it's own little ongoing thread... :D 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin the Elder

Nice to see some life back in the Castleton threads.

RefMom3

We had such a good time at the Castle. We're planning on going back for Halloween, too. This will be my 3rd year doing the Halloween fest; I love the opening dance sequences that they do. And I was reminded that one of my knightly buddies owes me a butterbeer and looks forward to paying up! Castleton has a couple of themed weekends that I would love to see- the pirate and Celtic weekends look like a lot of fun.

RahBur

Rani -
We live in Bentonville, AR. It was our first ever visit to the Castle, but we'd like to go in October, as well as December! We had a really good time visiting, and it's just shy of 2 hours for us. My boys are small, and I know there are 'less scary' things during the Halloween event, but I'd like to leave the little ones at home for a fun, scary night for the adults ^^

Merlin the Elder

RahBur, it seems so strange for Bentonville to be a two-hour trip, and for us, coming from Maumelle, it's a little over three hours.

Our next faire will be about 11 hours away when we join RefMom3 at Bristol!

Rani Zemirah

Oh, yay!  We'll definitely be there for Halloween, although we're waiting for RefMom to let us know which weekend she'll be going before we solidify our plans.  We're a bit over 2 hours away, here in Edmond, which is just a bit north of OKC, so it's not a quick jaunt for us, either... which means that gas is always a consideration.  Still, if they're going to drive all the way down from the north country then the least we can do is make the trip across the state!  :)  We might have to make two trips out this year, though, because my daughter and some of her friends want to do the Zombie Hunt (they're all 14 y/o, and way into the whole "undead" craze... lol), and that will likely take most of their evening, but I know that she will also want to spend as much time as possible with RefMom while she's here... so two trips are likely.  As for me, I don't really care much about all the spooky stuff... I just want to get dressed up and go wander about the grounds and see everyone I know out there, watch the entertainment at the chessboard stage, and wander around in the maze!  Oh!  And the owner of the Smoking Dragon has kindly offered to treat me to something tasty from his menu next time we're there, so I will definitely be doing that, as well! 

I would love to be able to make it out there for the festivities in December, or the Boar's Head Feast... but that time of year money is always tight because of the holidays, so that's probably not happening any time soon.  I would also love to try the Ceilidh (the party during Celtic weekend), but it's 21+, and my daughter isn't about to stand for being left behind while I go to Faire AND a party without her!  LOL  Same with the party during Pirate weekend!  Still, we wouldn't mind just making it out for one of those weekends sometime, without the party afterward.  After all, I've only got another 4 years before she'll be off to college... and who knows how often I'll have her for Faire after that.   

Merlin, I'm quite RENvious of your Bristol excursions!  That's another of the Faire's that are on my "someday" list...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RefMom3

I wish I knew which weekend we'll be aiming for, but it's too far away to guess. Plus, I'm still on thin ice at work, so who knows what will happen there. All things staying positive, we'll likely be at least a week or two into it before I can go. I, too, would love to go to the Ceilidh, and the pirate fest, and the Christmas festivities look amazing... I really do live too far, lol

Rani Zemirah

Well, just keep us informed!  Whichever it is will be the one we will plan for!  :) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede