News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Any one going Celtic weekend and which day ?

Started by Lady Amy of York, July 28, 2008, 12:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

Thanks Irish.     Hope Markand the boys feel better soon  too !
    It was a nice afternoon for faire too. Oh well !   

My son seems to be feeling better tonight, but i think he may have handed it to his mother. 
   I hoping to maybe get there next weekend. the long range forcast said it is suppose to be cool next weekend, which would be great for walking around  at faire.
   I deffinitely want to be there for grand finale weekend.  :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

MMario

I can testify Cobaltblu was there this weekend; since he very kindly contributed to the *very* nice weekend in sales for the Archery booth.  We may manage to buy off the Spainards yet!

MMario

Cobaltblu

Quote from: MMario on August 04, 2008, 07:43:45 AM
I can testify Cobaltblu was there this weekend; since he very kindly contributed to the *very* nice weekend in sales for the Archery booth.  We may manage to buy off the Spainards yet!

MMario

Aye I was there both days and had a great time.  I think Mario would be an excellent role model for today's youth with his many wise (misguided?) words spoken at the archery booth.  I.E. encouraging people to play with sharp objects.

Of course I pitifully got zero points at the archery competition on both days and lost...but I had a good time.

Oh and I now have a bruise on the inside of my right forearm near the elbow from a bowstring which scraped me...I'M GOING TO SUE.

The weather was a little rainy Saturday morning but cleared up and Sunday was absolutely beautiful with cool weather, plenty of sunshine and a brisk breeze.

I played my first two games of "Rat Puck" on Sunday which was great.

I got my thief name from the thieves guild, which is..."two-fist".  I'm not sure what they were getting at but hope they mean I like to grab two fists of gold or am good at boxing.

I met a bunch of new people (can't remember all the names, but one was Marie the Ditchwitch who is very nice).

Here are two photos of me.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg132/cobaltblu1/Sterling%202008/Theodore1.jpg

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg132/cobaltblu1/Sterling%202008/Theodore2.jpg

Regards,

CB / Theodore Hief (T. Hief, Thief)
Click on my website icon on the left to view my photo album of garb and items.

irish

I had planned on being at faire Sunday, later in the day, but the 'bug' caught me!
CB...great pics, you "sly fox"... :o...(hides coin purse).
I will be at faire both days, final weekend. Hope to catch you all then!
Anon!!!
irish  ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

duffy

i went with my wife and parents on saturday. the festival was great, we will go again for sure. think we will dress the part next time. i have to say thanks to ditchwitch for letting my wife and i stand in her booth for the downpour. try her sugared ginger, its the best. i can say i now have an interest in ren fairs and the costumes and such.

Ozium

Quote from: duffy on August 06, 2008, 12:02:45 PM
i went with my wife and parents on saturday. the festival was great, we will go again for sure. think we will dress the part next time. i have to say thanks to ditchwitch for letting my wife and i stand in her booth for the downpour. try her sugared ginger, its the best. i can say i now have an interest in ren fairs and the costumes and such.

Welcome Duffy, i'm glad you and yours had a good time this past weekend. Dressing does make the experience that much more
fun. Ditchwitch is a great lady, i stop in here shop atleast once a day. Ah yet another person she is trying to get hooked
on here candied ginger, it is terribly good stuff.

Be well !
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

Lady Amy of York

Candied ginger.  Sounds delightful  !  Which shop is her's ?

Welcome Duffy  to our  faire, and our merry gang    of  Sterling-aholics  !  Once you are addicted, there is no turning back. :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Ozium

The herbalist shop just about half way down the High road. Stop and say hello to Ditchwitch she is on the forums
here also. You can't miss the wonderfull scents comming from her shop. And i am addicted to the ginger!
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

irish

I will have to stop in for some candied ginger! Never had it....sounds good!  :D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

duffy

just curious about the garb. it seems easy to find mens stuff, what about my wife? any recommendations for her finding an outfit?

irish

Hi duffy!
Glad you enjoyed our little shire!
When I first went to the faire, I wore a 'peasent' blouse and skirt. I didn't know if I would like it and didn't want to invest money. Well, some 20 plus years and 15 outfits later..... :o......lol, I found out I did! I would suggest trying the skirt and blouse or if she wants to really get into it, look at patterns of 'wench' outfits. Easy to sew and not as costly as royalty, unless that is what she wants. There are great patterns for both.
I do believe members here on the forum, have some ideas on where to buy ready made. In fact, there are a few seamstress', who do belong here and would likely take on that sewing for you. Look in the garbing/sewing threads.
irish  ;D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~

Lady Caroline

Cobaltblu:  While you were bruising your arm at Sterling, I was doing the same at GLMF.  Everytime I try archery, I bruise my left forearm with the string somehow, and the tip of my middle right finger is numb for at least a week!  Despite the numerous injuries, I love archery, and do manage to hit a few target centers :)  Looking forward to trying it at Sterling this upcoming weekend.

MMario

a very slight inward turn of the wrist prevents that bruising.....

but many people turn the wrist OUT - which means the bowstring will whap you a good one.

MMario

Lady Caroline

MMario, I am turning my wrist as I read that, and see exactly what you mean :)  Thank you!