News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Northern MN

Started by Greenfounde, February 15, 2015, 09:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greenfounde

Any ideas about a northern MN faire?

groomporter

When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Greenfounde

I was there the last year they held it!  I'm kind of curious about doing something similar. How does one go about initiating a small faire?

LadyFae

I have no idea how to get started, but if you manage to get one going up here you can be sure that I'll be there!!!!!! :D
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"

winterland

I thought the Twig Festival was great. I wonder why it stopped?
In the time of social media you could get the word out very easily.
Was nice having a spring and fall fest in MN.

LadyFae

I think Twig ended because they put way more money into the endeavor than they brought in. Rumor has it that they paid certain acts more money for the two day Faire than the same groups would receive for the entire run of MNRF. Also, it was SO poorly advertised and the timing wasn't always the greatest, once the Tall Ships started coming in. I think that if properly advertised the Faire would have had great success during Tall Ships weekend, but it wasn't. I love attending the Twig Faire, it was great seeing it get larger every year and it was a great gathering place in a magical setting. I truly hope that someone can get a new Faire started around here!
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"