News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Having some trouble figuring out what to call this

Started by elthefairy, July 29, 2016, 11:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elthefairy

I don't have any photos of this costume but it's pretty weird. A while ago I made a leafy sea dragon costume for something unrelated to ren faire. This is what a leafy sea dragon looks like:

I made a set of moveable "wings" that raise up to an 8-foot span with a similar shape to the appendages on the sea dragon. Sorry if that makes literally no sense whatsoever. They work similarly to these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RcgkcEZelY. This costume also has a green square neck top, and a tatter skirt with a zig-zag shaped tail sewn into it. I'm going to wear it with black leggings and a plain black bodice.

I have absolutely no idea what to call this garb. I wanted to say that it was a dryad, but dryads don't have wings or tails. I like the idea of saying that it's some sort of woodland creature. I don't have time before going on my first faire trip to purchase additional things for my garb.

Tl;dr: What can I call a character that is a woodland creature with dragon-esque wings and a zig-zag shaped tail?

Lady Renee Buchanan

How about a "woodland dragon"?  Since it's fantasy, you can make up the creature as whatever you want, so it doesn't matter if no one's ever heard of such a thing.  Sounds cool.  Take pictures!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Trillium

tree dragon?  a small dragon who lurks in the trees protecting the forest & dryads.  Depending on how your costume looks, you could name a particular tree if you like.
Got faerie dust?