News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

kansas city renn fest ...

Started by Johnwolfe, February 17, 2015, 08:47:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnwolfe

It has been years since I last been planning on going though this season. .... Alas being so deprived of my fix... I am inquiring about rules and regulations on weapons and maybe  a pub to hit up being I'm on age to enjoy such splendor now ... I know on thing is for certain when I go if I do ....TURKEY LEGS !!!!

Merlin the Elder

KCRF has a strict No Weapons policy.

They have a new Beer and Bacon pub this year, for those looking for a genuine WTF moment...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Johnwolfe

many thanks wisened one! Its a dark day when thy mustnt wear ones pointy or stick flinger in thynes own realm :(

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I replace my weapon with a flute - peace tied of course!! (my personal protest :) )
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Johnwolfe

Being that my persona us a thief I don't need a weapon but one should be able to carry a peace tied dagger....you peace tie your flute 0.0... I could always replace my dagger with a pickpocket set

Butch

No weapons in Canterbury!  They will check at the gates.  Just leave the blade at home.  My son had a pair of scissors once in a belt pouch (persona of a cordwainer/shoemaker) and was refused entry-and he had been on cast the year before as that very person.  Pickpocket set?  How very interesting!

As far as pubs, there are a few neat ones around:  Pirates Pub by the ship, and Codsweld Commons (I think?) near the center of Canterbury (it's a double decker!).  Most of the others are walk ups.  The Pig and Whistle has just a few stools, and the Drunken Starfish (by the mudshow) just doesn't feel period at all to me.

Post when you're coming, and we'll try to make you feel welcome!

Johnwolfe

I mean lockpock .. My apologies ... I would not know what a pickpocket set would consist of lol...as for the pubs ill have to try them out or at least pop in. The weekend isn't set yet and unfortunately ill probably only have a day ????  wish they had a period inn at the fair.... Would be interesting. ????

Gauwyn of Bracknell

The best pub is out in the carriage lot  8)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Johnwolfe

[
Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on February 18, 2015, 08:28:24 PM
The best pub is out in the carriage lot  8)
Thanks for the info :D perhaps that's the case

Butch

Quote from: Butch on February 18, 2015, 03:36:02 PM
Post when you're coming, and we'll try to make you feel welcome!

This is one of the pubs in the carriage of which Gauwyn speaks!

Johnwolfe

I'm dying for some mead  :) I'm sure it will exceed my expectations .. And no worries I drink responsible for being 21 so  drunk at the fair is not to be expected from me!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch - mead?? - ever hear of that?? ;D
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

I think he'd do well to make one of our tailgates!

Johnwolfe

Then so it shall be.. As time comes nearer I will figure out what weekend I will be headed that way and hopefully I will have a a mug to share some ale and meade with the likes of the both

Merlin the Elder

Butch... Gauwyn.... he's young.... Don't hurt him....
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...