News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

thief garb?

Started by Johnwolfe, February 17, 2015, 09:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnwolfe

I'm looking for suggestions on garb for my thief persona , I have a simple get me by planned on medieval collectables  due to my coin purse being light and this is my first time garbing ... Any input is welcome and encouraged. :D thanks !!

isabelladangelo

A thief would dress like everyone else.  After all, you don't want anyone to know you are a thief.  That would get you on the medieval version of dumb criminal files!

Johnwolfe

Quote from: isabelladangelo on February 17, 2015, 09:27:15 PM
A thief would dress like everyone else.  After all, you don't want anyone to know you are a thief.  That would get you on the medieval version of dumb criminal files!
;)Clearly I know that but lets say for the people not of the fair and for my fantasy-ish side of me... We all have that image of a shadowy character with maybe a few pieces of leather armor. On with many pouches of assorted sizes on it and perhaps a half cape to add some flare... On that note  any ideas or suggestions come to mind

isabelladangelo

I would think a liripipe hood with leaf shapped dagging around the edge would work along with a cotehardi in a neutral color.

Johnwolfe

The liripipe is interesting  didn't get to read it as I would like... On my feasting hour ill maketh an account with a photo hosting site and post an idea of what I'm more looking for

Dinobabe

Well I think you just answered your own question!  ;)
I would go with your picture and start collecting/making those garbing items.  It looks pretty "thievy" to me.
Puffy shirt, simple doublet, leather bracers, tights or breeches (can't tell in the pic), tall boots, hooded cape, belts, pouches, done!
Some of this you can even find at thrift stores and alter for your purposes.  Find a thin leather/pleather coat with a hood; cut out the hood/cape portion (may require a small amount of sewing to close/cover the sleeve holes); use the sleeves to make bracers.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Johnwolfe

I'm definitely not a tailor  and I pretty much have every thing  ready for when I get some jingle in my pouch except the doublet

Dinobabe

I doubt your thief persona would be much of a tailor either!   :P  Patches and crooked stitches would be just another part of the "look".  Give it a try, you might be surprised at what you can do!   :D
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Johnwolfe

Lol I don't have the means to sew lol

Lady Christina de Pond

you have two hands you can sew or are you missing those? it might be hard to be a thieve without those. I am only teasing you. I am wondering where your going to find boots that tall those are very tall
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Johnwolfe

:-* ill "borrow" yours  ;)

Lady Christina de Pond

rofl my boots or my hands .
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Johnwolfe

Jaqen

Baggy pants, a raider jacket, sunglasses, wear a baseball cap backwards. Just kidding. I would just recommend dark clothing.