News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A couple of garb questions

Started by Capt. William Drake, March 10, 2015, 12:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt. William Drake

Hello faire folk;
    I have just finished putting together my Templar garb that I will be wearing this year at the faire.  I have bought a light weight chainmail head coif to wear on my head along with a arming cap to be worn underneath the coif.  Unfortunately I think that the arming cap and chainmail coif will be to much to wear.  My questions are

1.) Can one wear a bandana underneath the coif and would it protect my scalp?

2.) If I don't decide to wear the chainmail coif what could I wear to cover my head so that I will not get sunburned due to my fair skin and not look like a goof at the faire?

I thank you all for any helpful advice that you good folks can give me.
Psalms 115: "Not to us, Lord not to us but to your name the glory, because of your love and faithfulness." Amen.

gem

Milord has thin fair hair and sunburns easily, and he just wears his mail coif straight over his hair. (I would personally prefer the coif, myself, but there you go.) FWIW, I wear either a simple tank top or a linen chemise under my mail, depending on the overall look.

I think the knot from the bandanna might be lumpy...?

Did they warn you that a little oxidation from the metal can rub off on your clothes/skin? It comes out of *most things* pretty easily with a wet wipe, but of course YMMV.

Capt. William Drake

I thank both of you fine ladies for replying to my post.  I will definitely be ordering myself one of those caps for my head.
Psalms 115: "Not to us, Lord not to us but to your name the glory, because of your love and faithfulness." Amen.