News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

tavern/inn at permanent ren fairs?

Started by Johnwolfe, March 10, 2015, 10:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnwolfe

The idea came to that it would be a brilliant idea to have a tavern slash inn at a faire that has permanent location, perhaps it has been done or tried anyone know?.... But as I type this I realize. The cost of said establishment would out weigh the profits being only open a few days of the year.. Rats :-\ would be a great idea. If only it were cost efficient! Cursed be this economy. And the greed of people nowadays

PollyPoPo

If by tavern, you mean a permanent building as drinking place mainly for serving drinks, maybe food, along with entertainment, there are several at TRF, Sherwood and, I believe, Scarborough, in Texas, perhaps other faires.  The taverns are open when the Faires are open, during Faire hours.  They serve whatever drinks are sold at the faire (wine, beer, ale, mead, etc., according to the beverage licensing by the Faire).

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Merlin the Elder

...and Sherwood actually has a small inn on the premises.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Johnwolfe

I was aware of pubs and bars. And thanks Merlin

PollyPoPo

Sherwood actually has a few rooms in the main castle that are available for rent now for faire-goers, but it's not an inn.

An actual inn, with sleeping quarters, drinking and food, would probably require the faire to be open late into the evening or 24 hours a day during faire to have customers and workers to take care of them. 

I know there are lots of renn-themed restaurants around the country; maybe there are themed inns as well, with sleeping quarters for customers. 

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Dinobabe

I have often thought it would be a good idea to have some sort of bunkhouse for workers, those that don't have booths to live in that maybe do games/rides, break work, that sort of thing.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Merlin the Elder

It has rooms to rent, so I called it an inn...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Sir Ironhead

Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

Butch

Merlin the Elder

I ain't got no cigarettes...... whut a bunch of smartarses....  ;D

Johnwolfe

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on March 12, 2015, 07:50:54 AM
I ain't got no cigarettes...... whut a bunch of smartarses....  ;D
Well Merlin just "poof" the wanted add ins after all that is why wizards are loved ,for their"poofing "

RenStarr

Thanks for the laugh!!   ;D

That was a pretty funny sequence.
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night