News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Janesville Renaissance Festival

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, May 10, 2008, 10:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

The Janesville Renaissance Festival will take place on Saturday, May 17th and Sunday, May 18th in Janesville, WI.  Lord Stephen and I will attend on Sunday. 

Please post if you will be attending and we can set up a Meet & Greet like we did last year.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The Earl and I will be there.

What's the weather forecast??  Last year it rained.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

skrid the brown

I thionk its suppose to rain again.  My wife and I were going to go but it doesnt seem like the weather will cooperate

Chris Last

Local Weather says Saturday mid-60's and mostly cloudy, Sunday mid 60's with a 30% chance of rain.

Here's the website for the event:

http://jvlfaire.gsmbristol.org

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

They're not period, but what the hay!!  Bring umbrellas!!! We're not wearing the Noble Garb this time.

Lady Renee Buchanan

I checked the weather for the weekend.   Sounds great.

Saturday partly cloudy, low 48, high 71.

Sunday mostly sunny, low 50, high 70.  We'll be there this day, can't wait!
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Shetani

I won't be able to be there, but Ken is bringing the forge to demonstrate again.  Stop by and say hi!
Christel in Central Wisconsin

IWF# 1050
co-keeper of the blacksmith of Iron Wolf Forge

caretaker to the last of the hors

SarviaRose

I hope everyone had fun, but due to finals for school I was unable to go this year.
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

Lady Renee Buchanan

Sorry we missed you, Sarvia.  Even your friend from the leather shop was asking about you.

We went today, along with Lady Kathleen and Lord Philip of Olmsted.  We had a wonderful time, but it was so bloody freezing that Lady Kathleen wore one of my afghans I keep in my car, and Lord Philip wore the other.

I had on my wool cloak and had to go back to the car and put on my cotton plaid wrap that matches my skit underneath my cloak.  Steve, who usually is always warm, had on a long sleeve shirt and his wool cloak, kilt, and knee socks and was also cold.  I don't think it got out of the 50's, maybe low, low 60's when the sun came out from behind the clouds.

We had a great time.  It was wonderful meeting Forum members Skrid the Brown and Lady Sarah, who looked absolutely gorgeous in their garb.  Also got a chance to meet Chris, who is involved with running this faire, and saw Cecils Tannequin as part of the Royal Court.

This year, the faire has grown so much from in the past.  This is the third year, and Steve and I have been every year, and we both noticed that there were a lot more merchants.  Plus a lot more people wearing garb than in the past.  It was so great to wear garb again and be back at a faire after the long, snowy winter.  Faire season has arrived for us.  Huzzah!
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

skrid the brown

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on May 18, 2008, 09:41:07 PM
Sorry we missed you, Sarvia.  Even your friend from the leather shop was asking about you.

We went today, along with Lady Kathleen and Lord Philip of Olmsted.  We had a wonderful time, but it was so bloody freezing that Lady Kathleen wore one of my afghans I keep in my car, and Lord Philip wore the other.

I had on my wool cloak and had to go back to the car and put on my cotton plaid wrap that matches my skit underneath my cloak.  Steve, who usually is always warm, had on a long sleeve shirt and his wool cloak, kilt, and knee socks and was also cold.  I don't think it got out of the 50's, maybe low, low 60's when the sun came out from behind the clouds.

We had a great time.  It was wonderful meeting Forum members Skrid the Brown and Lady Sarah, who looked absolutely gorgeous in their garb.  Also got a chance to meet Chris, who is involved with running this faire, and saw Cecils Tannequin as part of the Royal Court.

This year, the faire has grown so much from in the past.  This is the third year, and Steve and I have been every year, and we both noticed that there were a lot more merchants.  Plus a lot more people wearing garb than in the past.  It was so great to wear garb again and be back at a faire after the long, snowy winter.  Faire season has arrived for us.  Huzzah!

You guys were great, it was cold but nevertheless fun!! I really look forward to seeing you again.  There are so many great people here!!! 

SarviaRose

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on May 18, 2008, 09:41:07 PM

I so wanted to be there I even thought about running over qwick but decided getting finals done was more important, only 4 more classes to go and Lady Renne I will see you Friday
Morale Ofc of the Bayou Scoundrel, ETTE, IFRP

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

While the day was chilly, a great time was had by all.

ZIt was a trat to meet Cecils, Skrid the Brown with his lovely Lady Sarah, along with meeting and talking with many of the Bristol Performers and merchants. I did break down and make some purchases. A new pouch for the Earl, plumes, a favor and hankerchief for me.

The Janesville Festival in pictures...http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563501288TmRqdL

Chris Last

Thank you all so much for coming!  We had a great event despite the wind and cold on Sunday.  This year's event marks the first year that we own it, and it was enough of a success that we'll be able to do another year at least!  :)

The profits from the event go to support local community action groups and education, so thanks so much! 

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Even I noticed that there were more in attendance this year as well as people attending in garb. It was wonderful. More vendors too!! That was nice to see. Perhaps this time there was better exposure in teh advertising department, which will bring out the people.

Perhaps a few more acts and the Bristol Queen may make her presence so that she can interact with the children. There were more children with their parents this time too. A mini-Bristol Faire.