News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

GoT Northerner's Cloak - Help!

Started by Once Debauched, June 15, 2015, 12:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Once Debauched

I'm trying to work out a pattern for a Northerner's cloak. I've been to several websites and not been satisfied with their patterns. If anyone has a link to a good pattern it would be greatly appreciated, but until then, what does it look like at the neck to you folks who have MUCH more sewing experience than me?

I think it looks like a cartridge pleat, but then its folded over and stitched to the leather strapping?  I know it's stitched to the strap in the front, but around the neck I'm still looking for a better pic.
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Once Debauched

*gasp* Found it!!!

Cartridge pleat, yes?
IWG  #3527 Local 29
IFRP #1228 Loblolly Lass, HMS Lying Bastard
FOKTOP
ROoL #29
Tequila:  The interactive shot

Dinobabe

It looks like a cartrigde pleat with the "waistband" stitched under instead of where you would wrap it around your waist.  You would have to have some piece of fabric on the underside to put the belt thru.  Good luck!  And don't forget to show us the results.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Dinobabe may be on to something here.

Looke like several panels with a casing made to feed belt through. A similar method I use  when I make overskirts.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

isabelladangelo

What it looks like they did - to me- is they used the belt straps to make the pleats/gathers and then stay stitched them.