News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Progressing

Started by Gauwyn of Bracknell, May 01, 2015, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We are looking for a faire to progress to in  early June - curious about this one.

What say ye?

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Sir Ironhead

Been many times, last time was in 2010.
About the same size as the Des Moines faire.
Most of the merchants are in either permanent buildings along a "main street" or in tents in the woods just off said street.
Two pubs, the main one (name escapes me) is where the food is as well as some of the entertainment, the Twisted Thistle is in the trees and at the end of the day will have "adult" pub sings.  You have to buy "Coin of the Realm" for food, drink, and games. One for one exchange, so all those prices are in even numbers.
No booze until after 12 on Sunday.
Best bet for lodging is in Shelbyville.
Entertainment wise, the vast majority have been musical and/or singing acts but the web site has a list for this year.  The Pickles Brothers are good. 
www.kyrenfaire.com
Debaucheteer
IBRSC #1389
Sandbox Inspector
Iron'n M'Crack
Royal Order of Landsharks #41

LissaRoisin

This is the 10th year for this Faire. Set in 14th century Scotland, during the reign of King Robert the Bruce.
There is the main street, which has a mix of permanent building and pavilion vendors. Off to the right is the Fairy Forest. Left is additional vendors back in the woods. I love how much shade there is. They also have jousting and human chess, though with this one they bring in volunteers from among the crowd. It is not scripted.
The main inn, which is Mikela's Inn, serves food and beverages, has abundant seating, and has a stage for several different acts. There is an additional pub called the Twisted Thistle, in one corner of the faire, back in the woods. This is a 21+, or under the age of 3, area. The shows are quite bawdy and adult in nature. It is smaller than the inn, but they serve drink and you can order food there as well.
To purchase food and drink, you must have Coin of the Realm which can be purchased near the entrance and near the Inn. They are $1 and $5 coins.
Of the shows, there are several musical acts, a few kid shows, a mud show, and two circus shows. They also have the joust, human chess, parade, and a King's Feast.
I have found this one to be geared towards the shows. They are really interactive with the patrons and playtrons. It is one of my favorite faires.
IWG #3491
IFRP #1486
Loveland Castleteer
Captain of the Wenches Desire