News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Help finding a seamstress to do custom work?

Started by theChuck, May 08, 2015, 10:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theChuck

Hi all. This is sort of a meta post and not strictly related to sewing, but I figured it probably the best place to ask.

My fiancee has a bodice that, well, could fit her better. It's a front and back pane with lacing up the sides, but it just doesn't fit right. She's not getting the support and lift that she should. It was a piece we ordered from a seamstress who sells online, so it's possible something got lost in translation when sending over measurements. (On the other hand, she got my doublet just about right...) To that end, I've been looking to find local seamsters/seamstresses that could put together a bodice and get it done well.

So, my question: how could one go about finding such a local seamster/seamstress?

I've tried Googling around and nearly all the websites are broken or out of date. I tried contacting the Friends of Fair group at my closest fair (a big one), and they put me in touch with a person who has been less than responsive. I tried a local non-franchise fabric store, but they didn't have any recommendations. I'm at my wit's end - which is why I'm here. How can I find someone reliable and trustworthy to help us get a bodice made?

(Again, apologies if this is posted in the wrong place.)
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde