News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Weapons at Faire?

Started by WhistlingAngel, May 16, 2015, 06:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhistlingAngel

Thank you for the wish of good luck BLAKDUKE.

As for the "Directorie of Renaissance faires" Rowan mentioned, it sounds like it was the cat's meow. Are there any comparable lists today?
"Therefore Christian men be sure, wealth or rank possessing, ye who now will bless the poor shall yourselves find blessing." ~ John Mason Neale & Thomas Helmore, s/t 'Good King Wenceslas'

Gauwyn of Bracknell

There is a link at the top of these pages to the Renlist
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

WhistlingAngel

Well that about speaks for my level of observation! Thanks Gauwyn.
"Therefore Christian men be sure, wealth or rank possessing, ye who now will bless the poor shall yourselves find blessing." ~ John Mason Neale & Thomas Helmore, s/t 'Good King Wenceslas'

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on May 21, 2015, 05:59:07 AM
There is a link at the top of these pages to the Renlist
Renlist is about as close as you can get anymore.   

The Directorie was also a place to list vendors, artisans and performing groups looking for work, and posting their event itinerary.

What I liked about the individual listings on the Directorie; was that they were mostly yes/no entries- dates, statistics, prices and pertinent info about the faire (like pet and weapons policy) along with email addys and POC's for performers and vendors. 
  Since it was a free listing-there was little room for hyperbole-you want to wade through graphic intense commercials you go to the faire website for that.  I personally don't want to hunt down the information I need on the websites.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt