Midwest > Bristol Renaissance Faire

Visiting Opening Weekend!

(1/8) > >>

Orphena:
I am very excited that I was able to convince m'lord to visit Bristol ren faire, for I have heard much of the level of garments that I hope to see! We are visiting July 11 & 12, 2015.

I'm working on a new gown - m'lord and I most often travel as nobility, and I will be sure to wear my RF pin (As well as my Irish Penny), and a small maple leaf. M'lord and I are both tall, so we are difficult to miss - please come and say hello - we love meeting acquaintances and turning them into friends!

What time is a good time to arrive for decent parking? We always stay the entire day, and I like to catch the gate show if there is one!

Tickets - any discount deals around? We are coming in from Canada, and are unfamiliar with the area, so may need some extra detail!

Is there a "main" pub? Do they serve mead?

Hotel is booked! Can't wait!

StareNorthSteve:
Anxiously awaiting the responses as we too are going to Bristol for the first time this year. :)
(Ohio Ren natives)

sns 

Merlin the Elder:
We will be coming on closing weekend for the first time.

Lady Renee Buchanan:
Gates open at 10 a.m.  No tailgating allowed in the parking lot.  $5 for paid parking.  Usually regulars get there early.  We usually arrive around 9:30 to 9:45 after a 3 hour drive, and there is always a line to get in the lot.  Pre gate show starts around 9:40-ish.  Faire closes at 7 p.m.

IPB will use the Town Square Pub for the weekend for the gathering and toast at 3 p.m. Each day.  I could not begin to count all the Pubs there are, and yes, they serve mead.

You will see everything from beggars to pirates, to nobility, to Dr. Who, to steampunk to Barbarians, to fairies and elves, belly dancers,chain mail, almost anything that is not indecent, goes.

About the weather.  It can be cool in the 50s, perfect in the high 60s to mid 70s.  It can be 105 degrees with 95% humidity.  More of the time it is hot, hot, hot, and very dusty.  If you are not used to bone scorching weather, you might want to bring backup garb, something light.  First Aid is usually filled up every weekend with people who have passed out from the heat, including me, until I drastically changed my garb to looser bodices and light weight skirts, and this will be our 19th year there!

Through June 19, when you order on their website, there is a $5 discount per day.  If I missed anything, or if you have more questions, I'll be happy to answer if I know.

Looking forward to seeing/meeting all of our RF visitors.

Gauwyn of Bracknell:
Great faire ! Later in the season the heat/humidity can be quite stifling.

(but the tailgating thing I don't like.  They even gave us hassle for just having our tailgate open while we were finishing dressing - so you just have to be REAL discreet if you have a splash of mead in the lot :) .  And it is the only faire we go to that also charges for parking - and we go to quite a few)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version