News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tailgating - favorite treats to share?

Started by Orphena, June 19, 2015, 10:13:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orphena

So, we've only recently started to participate with a few tailgating groups, and I'm still getting into the swing of things...

What do you like to bring?

So far, I've been introduced to drunk gummie bears, mead, apple alcoholic goodness (I don't know what was in it, but it was good!) Some type of coffee cake, etc.

If you don't tailgate - what about after faire gatherings? Do you have a treat you are famous for?
Luxurious Lady ~ Statuesque Seamstress ~ Winsome Wayfarer
Enjoyer of Elegant Elizabethan Ensembles

arbcoind

Mimosas!  And biscotti in different flavors.

Gina

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Tailgate with Butch !!

M'lady makes awesome oatmeal cookies.  I make mead that many have liked.  I have also made chess pie, marzipan dipped in chocolate.  Sharing is so much fun!
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Butch

Yes, mimosas!  Also, regarding the food, err on the side of less quantity, IMO.  If it runs out, THAT'S GREAT!  But chow doesn't keep well in the vehicles.

Drinks, though, they stay well on ice!

What's gone well has been those mini bagels, fruit trays, cheese cubes, and cookies (especially cookies from Bracknell!).

Melty stuff does not do well (like stuff dipped in chocolate), and stuff with icing on it already (glazed doughnuts).

Good luck and have fun!  We have the most fun inviting others (new friends!) to come do some tailgating with us!