News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Crowdsourced fair in Orlando

Started by theChuck, June 20, 2015, 11:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theChuck

Just saw this: a few people down in Orlando are trying to start a fair there, and they're running a crowdsourced campaign. Worth checking out, I think.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/orlando-renaissance-festival/x/10473452
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Dinobabe

Here is to a successful endeavor! 
I know how much work it has been for us to get our faire going.  We are greatly looking forward to it's first year this August.
Maybe we can take a trip down to Orlando for their first opening!
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Jay Byrd

Dinobabe, where is your faire?

Jay Byrd

BLAKDUKE

I could be blind but I saw no mention of date etc.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Dinobabe

BLAKDUKE-  Dec 4-6, 2015.  You had to go to the website and scroll to the bottom.
http://orlandorenaissancefestival.com/

Jay Byrd-  Our new faire is in Memphis, TN.
midsouthrenfaire.com
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

BLAKDUKE

O.K.
got it.

Now I could find no contact e-mail or phone number.  the one screen where it said contact us, I clicked on it and it brought me to screen with no hot buttons.  So If I could get an e-mail address to contact someone that would be a help.  My wife and I have been  King and Queen at several faires.  Tenn. Keys, currently Gulf Coast renne faire in Pensacola and Mobile.  If we can be a part of oneORF, the time frame is awesome.  I know you would like volunteers, but that we cannot do, however I would venture to say there is no one cheaper.

The BLAKDUKE aka ALLYN THE ONLY(We do not do Henry VIII)
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Dinobabe

Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Craigmeister

What a brilliant idea!  Creating a Renfest in Florida in December.  Thousands of people should want to escape the cold by heading south.  If I were retired, I wouldn't mind braving the warm sunshine to check this fest out.  Hopefully, it will be huge in 20 years or so & I can do that.

I know that there are other Ren & Scotfests in the far southern U.S. during the cold months.  I went to Texrenfest 11 years ago after it had already snowed in OK & it was in the 80's there.  It was a great break from Jack Frost.  I'll have to add ORF to my website this weekend.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.