News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Harp and Fiddle on Friday?

Started by Lady Celynn, July 29, 2008, 04:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Celynn

Seamus Kennedy is playing at the Harp and Fiddle on Friday and Sat.   I know Terry and Jan are planning on going on Friday.  Anyone else going?  They recommend reservations for his shows so we want to try to get a head count.

Terry Griffith

Aye, and he does one of the best live shows you'll ever see.  He will keep you laughing and singing and clapping all evening.  You may recognize a few things that he has borrowed from my act, ahem, but he is a great showman and my personal hero.

Please join us on Friday.  Chime in here so we know how many for the reservation.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

mumsies

Hey Now, That just might be a great way to celebrate my birthday! I will have to check with "he who thinks the is the boss" just to make him feel important! Hopefully, Bill and I will be there, and see if we can bring any others along. I will let you know if we are bringing anyone extra, but for now, save two seats for us! It will be nice to have a chance to visit with Terry on the other side of the stage for a change!

Lady Celynn

Bonnie I agree, that would be a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday.  We want to make a reservation ASAP, so just let us know if you're going. 

mumsies

Bill and I for sure-if anyone else, they will just have to hope they get seats..since no one has given me a definite yet. See you then!

Professor M

I've already spoken to Terry on the phone.  Angela and I will be there.  We have a free weekend without kids, so we're going to take advantage and have an evening out without them!
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Lady Celynn

Terry and Jan are planning on getting there 7:30 for dinner and I think we will join them.   Anyone else coming for dinner?

mumsies

Count on Bill and I for dinner...see you all soon!

Terry Griffith

What a great night this is going to be.  My best friends with my best friend entertaining.  A surprise guest will show up around 11:30.  I'm going to go to sleep now and stay that way until tomorrow evening.

mumsies

Celyn, Rick and Amy would like to join us. They are celebrating their anniversary, while I celebrate my birthday....can we still get seats for them? Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Terry Griffith

No problem.  I'll have them add 2 more.

mumsies

Well, I have a couple more last minute, if we can still get them seats. Brie would like to come along, John has drill this weekend, so we will pick her up. Darla and Jimmy would like to join us, although they may be a little late due to his work schedule. So, three more for us if we have the room? See you soon!

Countess Westmorland

Mumsies,
We were only able to get the table for 10 that we originally planned on.  Everyone else may be able to find seats at the bar but the reserved tables are full.
Seamus fills up fast and early.  Be sure to get there early so they can secure seats up at the bar area.  Probably around 7:30.
Jan
A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

mumsies

Thanks Jan,
We will just need to be sure to get there early, maybe just plan to sit in the bar area. Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to the night out with all of you, nice way to celebrate! Mumsies

Professor M

Quote from: Countess Westmorland on August 01, 2008, 11:04:25 AM
. . .  Be sure to get there early so they can secure seats up at the bar area.  Probably around 7:30.
Ha Ha!  Who was the last one there?  Of course, with the table in your name we could hardly bump you.

Mumsies, I think you have a future on the stage.  It was fun seeing you dance up there.  And Bill is such a good sport, too.  Happy Birthday!

It was a great evening out.  We even attracted a few new patrons for the ren fest.  What fun!
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis