News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lady Kathleen makes the Kenosha News

Started by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted, July 13, 2015, 11:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

While not sewing related, I did make this gown that I posted in the sewing forum none the less.

This past weekend was the opening of the 2015 season of the Bristol Renaissance Festival. While standing outside the gate during the Pre-Show, a photographer caught my image while talking with a friend. He then came up to me and asked to take more photos. Stating that any of the photos he took would possibly make the local paper. Cool.

Unbeknownst to me, I found out about this photo on the Front Page of the Kenosha News via a Facebook post by a friend of mine who is on cast at Bristol. WOW! I did not expect such a large photo. I had no idea that this was even considered for such a page.

"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Imestra

We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

Merlin the Elder

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Ha ha, Merlin.

It was a great opening day. Cool in the mid 70's for most of the day, when low to mid 90's is the norm with humidity in the high range of 75%.

Merlin the Elder

I hope it's nice when we come! We're coming to Bristol for closing weekend.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Even on hot days, they have great shade.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

arbcoind

Is that Karla Goldman with you? 

Gina

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Yes, Gina, it is.

I am a new member of the Irish Penny Brigade. Costume N' Penny is my Clan name. There was the  IPB National  Family Gathering at the Bristol Renaissance Festival. Several Pennies are looking to have new garb made. Keep it in the family, aye?

arbcoind

I chatted with Karla today.  She says that she HIGHLY recommends Bristol.  I will have to put it on my bucket list of Faires to visit.

Gina

RefMom3

It was a beautiful opening day; the weather really was about perfect. It did threaten rain toward 5 or so, and my daughter was insistent we leave because her dad was dogsitting for us, and the dog has severe storm anxiety. It was one of the first times in years we hadn't stayed until closing.
And there are a lot of wonderful shade trees there, and they help immensely.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

There are several new things at Bristol to take a look at and get pictures of, including thrones in which to get photos of you in.

For the Phoole in everyone.

Or the Pirate...