News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2015 Iowa renaissance Festival and gathering 'o the Celts

Started by Rowan MacD, December 02, 2014, 05:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

May 23,24 AND 25 2015

Middle Amana Park
Amana Colonies

Tickets: adults-$10.00, kids-$5.00 under 5 free

www.iowarenfest.com
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Rowan MacD

2  weeks away!  David and I will probably go on Saturday only; as far as we know we aren't on any list of characters so we will be attending as Playtrons if the weather is nice.
IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

So who all is going.

My 15 years old son's band "the Waxing Gibbous" (along with his guitar teacher and his 2 sons - I practice with then but don't perform) was hired this year to play stage and strolling.  check them out, they are quite good (of course, I am a little prejudiced, but they are good  ;) )

We will be there all 3 days.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

David and I will be there Saturday for sure.  We''l be driving up on I-80 from Colfax.
IWG wench #3139 

Merlin the Elder

Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Merlin the Elder on May 20, 2015, 12:16:10 PM
Gauwyn, how is your lady's foot healing?

she is hobbling, but getting around.  We shall see how 3 days of faire will do.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Lady Renee Buchanan

We went last year, and I second the fact that Gauwyn's son's band is very good!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on May 20, 2015, 05:23:58 PM
We went last year, and I second the fact that Gauwyn's son's band is very good!

Thank you for the compliment, I will pass it on.  For young gents, they work quite hard on their music.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Rowan MacD

They are very good-more impressive since (I believe) it was their first year performing as a group!  Looking forward to seeing them again.
IWG wench #3139 

Rowan MacD

Weather was wonderful on Saturday when we were there.  Initial reports on gate and attendance indicate a record was set the very first day. 
  Loved seeing Lord Gauwyn of Bracknell and his lady again-lovely as always! The Waxing Gibbous acquired a a little fan-boy who was dancing his tiny butt off at their outside gig, LOL.

Note: we need more porta-potties (and parking)!
  Usually the flushies are sufficient with 6 stalls available, however, there was only 1 stall working in the ladies, when the water pressure was compromised by a plumbing issue in the Mens'.  We were assured this would not happen again!
   The parking lot and the overflow lot was full by 1pm.  More folks attending every year.  ;D

IWG wench #3139 

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Yes, Saturday was a record and the merchants were happy.  Needless to say, Sunday was quite low with the rain early in the day.  Monday was not bad though.

The privy is always an issue; there were no Portos this year either.  I think there will be a new 'owner' next year, so we'll see if there are some improvements.

It was good seeing you also; we had a great time.  On Sunday they moved more acts under the sheltes, which made the schedule a challenge.

On Monday the Waxing Gibbous was accompanied by some belly dancers, which was good.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell