News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

illuminations/illustrations

Started by Stuben, August 05, 2015, 07:07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuben

My computer did a crash and burn back in the winter and I lost all by bookmarks though I have found most of them again. I'm finally in the mood to make some garb again but can't seem to locate a picture of the one I planned to make. I was hoping someone here could point me to it. It was colored illustrations from a book printed in the 1800's on costume if I remember right. The website pages had brown background and white pictures with colored illustrations. Thanks in advance for any help :-)                                                     

isabelladangelo

Stuben

It was green and gold. The doublet (?) was solid on the front so I'm guessing side laced and had a large motif on the front. The skirt part looked like it was a box pleated skirt like you would see on a tudor long jerkin but attached to the doublet instead and hangs lower, probably around knee level. I would be happy with any pics that sound similar to this design.

Stuben

Ah! found the website I was looking for. It was The History of Costume  :) Now I'm not sure if that's where I seen it lol. But lots of inspiration looking thru there.