News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Feast of Fantasy - details? (and some ticket info)

Started by Naween, July 30, 2008, 06:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naween

Hey All,

I tried emailing the MNRF to ask if their feast of fantasy included admission or not, but they didn't give me a very useful reply.
Also, does anyone know what the "souvenirs" you get? Trying to decide if its worth attending this year?

Their info to me is included below for reference, just because it also includes some ticket info.

Feast of Fantasy: Dinner and show entertainment located in Bad Manor includes 2 hours of entertainment, 7 course meal, and 2 souvenirs. Show times are 11:00, 2:00, and 4:45 daily. Regular prices are $80/person (includes admission price). We do have some discounted days available: August 16th and 17th the price is $60/person, August 24th, September 1st, and September 26th are $65/person. Groups of 25 or more are subject to discount on regular priced days, consult a sales representative for more information.

Advanced Tickets
Participating locations will be selling advance tickets after August 4. $16.95 adult and $8.50 child.

SuperAmerica stores will have tickets after August 4. Pretty much all stores in MN, a few in western WI and a store in Sioux Falls, SD will have tickets. Around 210 locations.

Walgreen's stores will have tickets for sale after Aug 4 in the Twin Cities metro . Approx 90 locations. More locations in outstate in MN may be added later.

Baroness Doune

Yes, the price of Feast of Fantasy does include admission to the Fest that day.
One of the souvenirs is the stoneware goblet you drink from during the Feast.  The badge on the goblet is an image that has something to do with food and feasting - says Minnesota Renaissance Festival, Feast of Fantasy and the year on it.   Last year, the other souvenir was a medallion similar to that given to season pass holders.  The medallion also said Minnesota Renaissance Festival, Feast of Fantasy and the year.

Ferret

If you buy in advance your ticket is also the admission into the grounds that day. If you buy it inside at the little booth by Bad Manor, same price but you are already in. ( If they have tickets available )
I've been there at least once or more every year. You get your drinking mug, usually pottery with Feast logo and year, one year it was a heavy blown glass. And there have been a variety of other trinkets. The early years you got a bronze feast medallion on a ribbon, one year a beautiful pin, a bottle stopper, one year a statue of the feast master.
A variety of entertainment acts from the feast masters to various acts like the Dew Drop Jugglers, and singers from the realm. It changes gradually every year.
The menu used to be more like what you'd find in the king's fields, always something broiled and something baked. Game hens, 1/4 side of beef on fire, chickens lined up on swords ( there is a hole in one pillar from when the chicken sword fight went horribly wrong and the patrons thought it flying over their heads and sticking in the wall was part of the act ) roast pig. now days it's seems more yuppyish. Last year the cold minestrone soup was pretty awful. Years past the feast had changes to as the weather changed. Cold soup when the weather was hot turned to hot soup when the weather was cold.
They used to have the names of long time feasters on the wall and would announce those in attendance that have been there after five years in a row. not done any more.
It is usually a little over two hours of great fun and entertainment. And with the menu not what it used to be, gives you more room for important things like Scotch eggs and turkey drumsticks. I can't wait to hit it again this year. I don't remember off hand when it started, I think this will be my 24th year in a row there.

Noble Dreg

Yep, got my tickets in the mail and they do indeed incude entry to the festival.  They have/had some good discounts for early buys.  I have always felt I got my monies worth.  If it's a bit much for your budget be sure to try the "smoker" instead, a VERY fun time at a reasonable cost.
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

MissBubu

If you buy at the booth (at least last year this was true) you get a discount for the price of admission for the feast that day. People with passes also get the discount but don't have to attend the day they purchase the tickets.

I have to start reading my posts better before hitting save, this is the second one I've had to modify today.

Will Gamwell

If you can afford it, I would definately say go!  There is at least one act the performs for the Feast that you will not see anywhere else.  The other acts have special little "bits" that they do only in the Feast hall.  While some of the food isn't choice, with how much food get's served, I don't think it's a problem.  That and pretty much all you can drink.

I can't confirm it, but I believe MissBubu is correct that you get a discount on the ticket price when you buy it inside the Faire...but I believe that is only if it is for the same day.  Or as she said, if you are a season ticket holder.

Sean

MissBubu

Actually, I meant participant passes not season tickets. But I think it's the same either way.

I attended the Feast for the first time last year. It was fun but weird to have to go back to work afterwards - and not be able to have any of the alcohol.

Ferret

Discounted price for buying inside must be new. A couple years ( 2001 and 2002 I think ) I bought there and they weren't discounted.
Of course buying in advance is better, some years they sell out and you may be left wanting.
Ferret

Rage

LD & I plan to go atleast once this year. I have never gone to it.

Naween

Haha, they have a good tour in regina, saskatchewan, Canada that recreates one of them....back from when we used to have asian immigrants as (near?)slave-labour...the tour is depressing, but they do make mention of opium!

Quote from: majikboxman on July 31, 2008, 04:15:40 PM
**If it's a bit much for your budget be sure to try the "smoker" instead,**
Keep in mind the smoker @ the MNRF is nothing like the opium dens that you'll find in back room of some China Town shops.  ;)

Sitara

I just got my tickets to the Feast today.  George and I shall be attending for our first time...very exciting!  I have a day off of pouring beer!
Beer wenches are the best wenches!

Leyla

When we went last year we told them we had season passes so the cost of the FoF tickets were discounted for admission.  When we got to Will Call to pick up our tickets to get into the faire, as well as to receive our FoF tickets that we'd ordered over the phone, the FoF tickets were admission tickets too.  We used the FoF tickets to get into faire and pocketed our season pass tickets for later.  We were then able to give our season pass tickets to friends later so they could get in for free.
A glich in the system I'm sure, but it worked out nicely for us. :D

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

We've been to the FoF a few times and enjoy it every time we go.  It is pricy however, but when you consider what you get with your feast tickets it really is worth it.  The food is always good (no turkey legs or pickles), decent entertainment, and lots to drink - plus admission to the faire and some things to keep too (cup and a couple of trinkets).  I just may have to get tickets this year!
It's always time for Chardonnay!

Muffin

Just ordered our FoF tickets, this will be the first time for both of us!! Ended up getting a bigger discount on the ticket price due to the Capt. having a season pass and me working out there... Whoo Hoo!!  ;D

We'll be going on Sunday 8/24 at 11:00 am... It's the Capt.'s Birthday weekend!! Is anyone else going that day???  ;D
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Escarlata

I'd love to go to the FoF. By the time I get there will everyone else already have gone?
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time