News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Garb style

Started by RahBur, September 02, 2015, 01:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RahBur

Butch  - we're headed to KCRF this weekend :) Looking forward to it!

Butch

Shoot, sorry I'll miss you; I'll be out of town this weekend. We ARE planning a small gathering NEXT Saturday, the 17th. You are welcome to join us if you can make it!

RahBur

Butch - I'm trying to convince the husband we need to go back to KCRF for closing weekend. Take the kids this time for some faire trick or treating :) Wish me luck! If I can swing it, it would be a blast to meet  up with those of you who are there!

Butch

Shoot me a private message on the board (up above) and I'll send you my cel phone number.  If you can make the preflight on the 17th (prob around 0900 in the parking lot) call me and I can tell you where we're parked!  I hope to see you!

Rani Zemirah

It sounds like what you're describing is sort of like a "forepart", which is a piece of fabric that is attached to an underskirt to give it a bit of flair (or to hide something you'd rather not show.. ;) ).  You find them mostly on upper-middles/Nobles, as far as I'm aware, but since you're not worrying about H/A with this dress, and you're going for a Celtic theme, I think matching your husband's tartan in your dress sounds like a fun idea, and as long as you have the fabric pinned to the front of your underskirt (or even your chemise if you don't want to add the bulk of another skirt {although it might give it some extra"swing"})it should stay in place just fine, and I doubt anyone would have anything but compliments to offer!  :)  It's probably a good idea to pin it to whatever you wear under the dress, though, instead of to the dress, itself... at least as far as the skirt is concerned... and that way it will look more like it's a separate skirt, and won't flap around if the wind catches the skirt of your overdress.  :)

Here's a lovely example of something similar from Wolfstone...

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

RahBur

Thanks Rani! A forepart sounds more or less the idea I was going for, now that you've mentioned it. I will try pinning it to my chemise. Thanks for the suggestion!

Rani Zemirah

Happy to help clarify.  :)  It sounds like you were already pretty much there, already, though.  Please post a pic of you in your ensemble, here, so we can see how it works out for you! 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede