News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2015?

Started by Hoowil, September 16, 2015, 11:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoowil

The wife and I are planning on taking the family to Casa de Fruta for the first time in seven years. In the past the heat and travel time have been an issue for us, but we're looking forward to checking it out again. Plan is to be there for opening day. Any other Cal Rennies planning on attending this year?
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Mandrake Von Sets

My family went today as patrons.  I just posted a link to my pictures in the photography forum.

Wil

Hoowil

We went for opening weekend. It was fun, and it was definitely a better experience than the last time we went, but it felt real odd to be a playtron after three years behind the ropes. It was kind of funny how many people asked if I was part of the cast. But at the same time, without seeing very many familiar faces it just wasn't the same. It felt odd.  I guess I just missed my fairemily...
The acts we caught we excellent though.
The food vendors not having drinks, so you had to go to the ale stands even to get water was a bit much. And the mead stand over by the arena wasn't open yet.
I don't think this will be the last time we go, but it will probably not be as regular an outing for us.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.