News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Fitting help

Started by LadyStitch, October 02, 2015, 09:20:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyStitch

I'm making a new gown for Celtic Christmas this year.  Everything is done but the bodice. I've been busting my back side to loose weight enough to fit into my corset from 10 years ago. Sadly, despite loosing 6 inches on my waist in 6 months, I just couldn't' do it, and I have run out of time. If I want to get all the hand trim and such on this I need to start the bodice NOW. 

That said I got longer laces for the corset so that I could at least do a fitting with the mock up. ( We will get me a new corset when we go on our first trip to TRF) God bless the PP he did a great job of helping me with the fitting.  The back looks great and it seems I got the sizing right but I made the mistake of not adding an inch to the CF so that I could have pinning space. I made it work up to the bust line. 

What I need is another seamstress/ sewer's eye to tell me if the fit looks right, and that I only need to add maybe 1 1/2" to the CF to allow for a button front.  I need your honest opinions and help.  PLEASE!
  Close up
Full bodice shot

HELP !
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

isabelladangelo

I would add an inch to each of the front sides at the underarm, move the shoulder straps over, and then you should have enough at the front.  If you just add it to the front, it will probably "pocket" too much and you'll have a very tiny flap towards the front.   

LadyStitch

Got it fixed.  It seems when the PP did the back measurement for me he measured incorrectly, which translated into too much in the back and 3 inches too little in the front.  Lays much better and fits wonderfully now.

It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.