News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Year-round Rennies, what is your "Rotation List" of faires?

Started by Thirsty, September 27, 2015, 06:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirsty

Hi there! I'm going to be leaving for the first Rennie fair for my "travel around the country", and I was curious, what are the "big faires" that year long Rennies go to?

I see a lot on the list, but it is kind of confusing. I know the Gold Canyon, Arizona one is on my list, and I'll make the next Boulder Springs, Colorado one, and I'm going to the October one in Las Vegas, but I'm curious what your yer round "loop" is and if you're willing to share it, just to give me some insight on some of the larger, more consistent festivals?
"You larp like a dairy farmer!"
"How appropriate, you type like a cow"

Merlin the Elder

Texas Ren Fest is the largest--opens in a couple of weeks. Too much for my taste.

Boulder Springs--do you mean Colorado Springs? There is a faire in Larkspur, between Colorado Springs and Denver. Lovely faire.

We live in central Arkansas. Our annual tour starts with Sherwood Forest Faire (east of Austin, TX) in February, Scarborough Ren Fest (Waxahachie, TX, south of Dallas) in April, Oklahoma Ren Faire (Muskogee, OK) in May, and usually a wildcard thrown in. These have included the previously mentioned Colorado Ren Fest, Kansas City Ren Fest (west of KC in Bonner Springs, KS), Carolina Ren Fest (north of Charlotte, NC), Bristol (nw of Chicago near Kenosha, WI).  All are permanent faires. Sherwood is the youngest--about to turn 7--, but you would hardly know it. It's one of our favourites.  OKRF is 20 years old, the rest are all over 30.

Those are the ones I've been to, but there are many more I'd like to visit.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

RenStarr

We live in the Central Texas area so we've got three faires within a pretty short drive. 

At the beginning of the year, we've got Sherwood during the cool months of Feburary and March.  Next we've got Scarbrough in April and May.  In the fall, it's Texas in October and November.  We've made a few trips up to Colorado and went to the Colorado Faire at Larkspur while we were there.  No two are alike and there are things about each one that I really like.

My wife wants to make a trip up to the northeast and we'd like to visit the New York Faire at some point.  Other's on my list:  Louisiana, Oklahoma, Four Winds in northeast Tx, Kansas City, Tennessee, and maybe Bristol or Minnesota.  We get the Renaissance Magazine at the house, so with each new issue I see another faire that looks interesting.     
Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night