News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

More from the World of Harry Potter

Started by Lady_Lily, July 31, 2008, 10:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Lily

I just read today that JK Rowling is allowing Scholastic and Blomsbury to publish "The Tales of the Beedle Bard" the book she hand wrote and illustrated and the same one that amazon.com bought.

So...coming in December, people can get their hands on a copy of this book! That's really exciting!

daylight

Hey I have never read that book what is about? I might want to read it

Tim T

That's great!  I heard the original, hand written version sold for almost 4 million bucks.

I'm assuming the hardback version will sell for somewhat less...
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

CatAshtrophy

I'm so glad. I was bummed when I first heard about it cause it sounded like it wasn't going to be published for all the masses to read. I can't wait til it comes out now. I have read that the procedes from the books will go to Children's High Level Group, which is a charity for institutionalized children.

NoBill Lurker

Release date is December 4, 2008

Paperback is $7.59

Collector's Edition Hardcover is going for $100.00! ( But it looks VERY cool! Just check out the linkage... ;D  )
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

daylight

No Bill,  that is really nice looking book cover, all the leather what nice item. thanks for the link ;D

jinx

I just dorked out over this.  xD

I've been in a slight state of waning interest with Harry Potter, because I've tried to make myself not wish there were more books.  (Ha.  That'll happen.) 

Now, how to convince my husband that buying me a $100 book really would be the best Christmas gift ever?
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

Marietta Graziella

What do you think about moving the opening date for the next movie from Nov 21st '08 to July of '09?

The article I read about it said the movie is in the can and ready for release in November but the July date was more "advantagous".  WTH?!

It means they think they'll make more money.  Jerks. >:(
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Taffy Saltwater

I think there was a big delay due to the writers strike.  I'm not happy about the delay, but I'd prefer that the movie be good than "on time". 
Sveethot!

serenamoonsilver

Quote from: Taffy Saltwater on August 20, 2008, 08:18:08 AM
I think there was a big delay due to the writers strike.  I'm not happy about the delay, but I'd prefer that the movie be good than "on time". 

Well, you're sort of right.  The movie is almost finished and could easily have been released in November.  But because of the writers strike, the studio (actually all of Hollywood) is looking at lean pickings for next summer.  So they're moving Harry Potter to fill in a gap basically.   

At least Twilight fans can rejoice, as its release date has moved up to fill the void left by Harry Potter.

theChuck

Quote from: Taffy Saltwater on August 20, 2008, 08:18:08 AM

maybe, but that's a bunch of crap. they want a summer blockbuster for next year, so the fans get to suffer. i can't think of anything more greedy than what they're doing.
The Renlist - find faires near you!