News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Leather workers

Started by Amra the Lion, August 01, 2008, 09:57:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amra the Lion

Anyone know if there will be any leather workers at this years fair? I am in the process of "trying" to make my own scabbard for a Jody Samson sword I just bought and will be in need of a baldric. I have a pirate houseboat event on the 12th of September where everyone is required to have some sort of pirate attire (most people really get in to it) and we will be bringing a group up on September 6th to enjoy the fair. I'd make the baldric myself but don't think I'll have time to do both the scabbard and baldric before the 12th.

PurpleDragon

If they are still there, the pirate ship should carry baldrics that should suit your needs.  (I've never been there, but the former owner also owned the one at TRF so they carried the same inventory pretty much).
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

kydavid

BlueFlame leather will be there. Steph is the BEST! If you need something, she will make it for you and not charge an arm and a leg. Good work too.

Amra the Lion

There used to be a guy that had his shop next to the glass blower but he wasn't there last couple of years (the glass blower now has both booths) but he made a sword belt and frog for me a while back. Nice guy and great work. I can't remember Blue Flame from last year but I'll definitely check them out.

kydavid

Enter, bear left. Head all the way back past the swordsman's stage, on the left between the staff seller and the dungeon.

Sergi_Karento

Go see Chip at Brown Cow Art. he made my sheath and baldric and he does awsome work. HE is who I go for 85% of my leather goods.
Harold Freundlich
aka Lord Sergi Karento
Rogue #105 Bristol Second in Command
RenMerc #157
Privateer #358

Phillip McGuinness

Brown Cow and Blue Flame are both good choices. If you're looking for something simple and probably cheaper, Blue Flame would be the way to go. If you want something fancier (and he can do some really fancy stuff) Brown Cow is the place. Last year Chip was in a tent near the top of the hill.
Got any ale?

www.drunknsailor.com