News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

"Mix" New restaurant near site

Started by groomporter, August 02, 2008, 07:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

There's a new place in Chaska call "Mix New American Diner" We went there for lunch after cleaning the booth today and thought the food was pretty good. It's got a full bar and a some decent beers They've taken over what used to be "Jays" and later an Embers. The address is 222 N. Chestnut St but they're right on 41 a couple blocks north of the river.
http://mixnewamericandiner.com/MIX/MIX_Home.html
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

ladiedragon

i know where that place is. it does look nice. I havent been inside but do know where it is. :)

Rage

Heard from a couple people at work that the food is good.

Modred

Ayup, I've eaten at Mix, it is indeed good food.  They've yet to pull a decent crowd that
I've seen so who knows how much longer they'll be there.

Lord Figaro

It seems the down town area of chaska is a curse for restaurants for some reason. They come and go so quickly down there.  The place that's now Cy's bar (the mill) has been so many different restaurants it's like there's some kind of curse or something.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Will Gamwell

A group of us ate there on Friday morning.  It was great food!  The only have two breakfast related items on the menu being that they don't open until Ten.  We did tell them that they should stay open later on sunday evening with everyone leaving faire grounds.  They usually close at 9 or 10 on sunday.

Sean

groomporter

The wife and I split a salad and the "Sliders" appetizer on Friday and really liked them. The "sliders" are three different mini burgers: Mushroom and Swiss, a bacon cheeseburger and a mild blue cheese.

Will Gamwell

mmmmm....  Stop it!  You're making me hungry! 

Oh!  It's lunch time!   ;D

MissBubu

Will Gamwell

It would appear that they would be able to accomadate decent sized group.  They have bar seating, some booths, and tables in the middle.  I am sure the tables could be put together.

AmazonSage

People liked it?  I wasn't impressed at all by them... Not much to choose from and way too pricey for the smaller proportions.  I live only 8 miles from there, I usually end up driving the extra miles into DT Shakopee to Wampachs (is that how it's spelled? I can never remember) since they have good diner food and decent coffee all for cheap.

groomporter

I'll admit the entres might be a little pricy for the neighborhood, but the only problem we 've had was that the serving staff seemed a bit young/inexperienced.

Lord Figaro

Wampachs (if that's how it's spelled) is great, but just way to small. I figure this place like any new place has some growing to do. I just hope it gets to stick around long enough to do it. Many places down town there don't seem to last all that long. Or they have to go through some major changes.

George Santayana

Will Gamwell

Quote from: groomporter on August 13, 2008, 06:51:54 PM
I'll admit the entres might be a little pricy for the neighborhood, but the only problem we 've had was that the serving staff seemed a bit young/inexperienced.

I noticed that as well gp.  When we asked if they were prepared for the Renaissance rush, we got blank stares.  And we wonder why they can't keep a restaurant there for very long.

Sean

groomporter

We spoke to the owner the first time we were there, and she seemed excited about the prospect of fest, so maybe she hasn't warned the staff.

Lord Figaro

They should be warned soon though, or they'll never be prepared. God help them then.

George Santayana