News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Swords and bows

Started by Lady Amy of York, May 10, 2008, 12:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York
noble lady/horsebreeder/ pirate captain

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/10/2008 :  16:23:33           
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maggie and I found my mother sitting in a chair in the dining hall. Her lady in waiting was fanning her with a ostrich plume fan.
" Mother,are you alright ?" I asked her.
" Did you hear the news, daughter," My mother asked me," A man has been found stabbed."
" Yes mother," I answer," I already know. The man was Jeter."
" Jeter," says my mother in shock," But you were with Jeter, are you okay?"
" I'm fine mother ," I lie.
" Are you sure child," my mother says to me," You know I have always been on your side. I don't trust Jeter either, please I can tell from the look in your eyes something terrible has happen. Please tell me."
I can't lie to her. She shoos her lady in waiting away,and I kneel down beside her and whisper in her ear,about every thing that has happen.
" I well have Jeter hanged for what he done to you," says my mother," I do have some say in this kingdom."
" No mother," I say to her," there is something about Jeter you don't know about. And there is something about Me and Drake you need to know too."
I tell her everything. About Jeter being the real Maltivan. About Drake and his powers, and about me and my powers.
" What are you going to do," asks my mother," surely Jeter will plot to kill you, if you both stay around here."
" That is why Drake feels it is best that he and I leave here tonight," I say to her.
" Oh my daughter, I don't want you to leave."
" I don't want to either, but I must. I have a kingdom, or shall I say two kingdoms to save.I will return someday mother."
" But i won't be there to see you wed or to see my first grandchild born."
" I would tell you to come with us, but you know father would only send guards out looking for you, and that would lead Jeter to us."
"Well you say goodbye to you father," begs my mother," He does love you."
" I can't mother, for surely protest."
My mother hugs me.
" I must go mother. I will try to send a message to you when it is safe."
I hurry to my bedchamber with Maggie and Tugs still following behind me. Once inside I lay down on the bed and start to weep. Maggie sits down beside me and tries to console me.
" I'm sorry," I sob," here I am suppsoe to be this strong, powerful being, and I am sitting hear crying like a baby."
" My dear child," laughs Maggie," You have gone through quite the ordeal tonight. You have every right to cry. Come let me help you bathe and get freshen up."
Maggie helps me to bathe and I dress in afresh clean gown. I gather some gowns, cloaks, extra blankets to keep everyone warm. I have a maid bring up several plates of food. I quickly pack it up in a large satchel start to pack my swords , bows, and arrows, and then i start to laugh. I have special powers. I don't need all of this.
Then i go over to a box where i keep my fine jewels. I dump them in another large satchel. We may need these for money.
" Is there anything you are not packing ?" teases Maggie.
" I am done," I say to her," Lets head for the stables."
I go to my door. I hear voices of guardsmen outside my door.
" Curses," I say," father must have placed guards outside my door to protect me after what happen tonight. Well, we can't leave that way. "
" Then how?" asks Maggie.
" Out the window ," I say to her.
" But there is a huge drop down to the ground !" exclaims Maggie.
" Don't worry Maggie, we fly out." I say to her.
" Fly!" exclaims Maggie. I drop the satchels , and baskets out the window first. Then I transform myself into a large bird.
" Grab Tugs Maggie," I say to her. Maggie grabs Tugs , then i swoop down over both of them and grab them with the long crawls on my feet. We go heading towards the window.
Maggie starts to scream.
" Hush," I say to her," you want to alert the guards. We go flying out the window.
" Hail Mary," prays Maggie closing her eyes.I can't resist. I fly high up into the sky.
" You can open your eyes Maggie," i say to her.
Maggie opens her eyes and lets out a loud squeal. Before she knows it I have us back down on the ground. I transform back into my human self and we pick up the satchels and bags, and baskets, and all of Maggie's things and head towards the stable, where we find Drake waiting for us with the horses.He sees all our bags and baskets and starts to laugh.
"What did you two do, rob the place ?" he teases.
" Very funny," I remark.
" That what I get for marrying a spoiled princess," he teases.
" Keep it up buster and you will be....." Before I can answer Tugs goes rushing at Drake knocking him into a pile of hay. I start to laugh.
" Oh, you think, that is funny," says Drake pulling me down with him. He begins to kiss me passionately.
Maggie clears her throat loudly catching our attention, and says to us,
" Need I remind you two lovebirds, that we best not be sticking around here any longer then we need too."
" To be continued later," smiles Drake kissing me one more time.
" All depends on if you behave yourself," I say to him teasingly and pick myself up out of the hay.
" I always behave myself madam," replies Drake.
" That's a joke," says Leona appearing around a corner.
" I think we better be going," says Drake trying to change the subject.
" What's the matter Drake," I say to him, and Maggie, Leona, and I all start to laugh.
" Wonderful," Drake says," I am stuck with three females. How did I get myself into this mess?"
" Why other men would be jealous of you," I say to him mounting up on my bay mare,"You are in the company of three lovely females."
" More like three trouble makers," says Drake as he mounts Grim," At least I have Grim here to talk to."
" Why i thought you liked to play more then you liked to talk dear," I say to him flirtatiously. I smile and blow him a kiss and go riding pass him.

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/10/2008 :  16:28:14           
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We quickly back our away into the dark forest near the castle.
Drake rides up along side Maggie.
" I am worried about Alaana," he says to Maggie," She has not said anything about the incident tonight."
" She did have a brief cry in her bedchamber," replies Maggie," She is trying to be strong for everyone, but deep down inside I sense a young girl who is scared and hurting, and needs someone to talk to and to love her. Go to her Drake."

Deborah
Advanced Member

929 Posts
Posted - 01/10/2008 :  17:14:13       

After a short while, I let out a loud whistle. Both Drake and Alanna snap their heads up and try to tell me to "sshhh." I let out another whistle, and Drake says "What is that woman doing?" Suddenly, a large owl appears and lands on my shoulder. I hear Leona let out a small hiss.
"How goes it, my friend?" I ask the owl.
"It is safe for passage," Ashmith replies, "Where have you been?"
"Does not matter where I have been, what matters is, have you seen anything or anyone strange in these parts?"
"No, MiLady, I have not. The court has been waiting for your return with the two Dragon Lords. All has been prepared for their comfort." Ashmith turned his head and then looked back at me. "I see you brought that indominable canine back with you."
"Leave Tugs be, he's my friend." I say
"Well, have you at least told our Nobles who you really are yet?"
"Most all of it." I answer.
Drake said, "Who are you REALLY?? What does that mean?"
I turn my horse to face Drake and Alanna. "Do not get upset, Lord Drake. I can assure you that we are on the same side. Over the next ridge, you will come face to face with the one race who has been standing by your side for thousands of years." I moved my cloak to one side, and revealed my wings. "Yes, my name is Maggie. Yes, I am a seamstress. Yes, I am of noble birth. However, I am also of the Fae."

Lady Amy of York

" Are you  by chance related to a  elven woman named Ryza. She was an old personal friend of mine,"  says Drake," and you look very much  like  her."

Deborah
Advanced Member

929 Posts
Posted - 01/10/2008 :  18:33:04       

"Yes, MiLord Drake, we are related. She is my younger sister. Ryza has spoken kindly of you over the years. She will be one of those who welcome us home." I looked at Ashmith and told him to please fly ahead to make sure that our way was clear, and to let everyone know that we were within the half hour of arriving. I looked at Alanna, and told her "No, MiLady, it will not be 50 but 100 years after your union that you will be finding new things about your beloved. Now here, I want the two of you to have these amulets," I say, reaching in to my cloak, "just in case Ashmith should come back with a less than favorable report."

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/10/2008 :  23:38:38           

I take the amulet and walk way ahead of everyone else.
" I just better not find out that you were married to Ryza," I shout back to Drake.
" I think she is mad ," laughs Drake," Maybe I should go talk to her."
" I think I would avoid her," advises Leona," Remember they say their is no furry worse then a dragon's , not to mention a female dragon."
" I heard that ," I shout. I transform myself into a dragon and go flying off.
"Great," mutters Drake," Now where she go? Does anyone see her?"
I come swooping up behind them, shooting flames of fire in front of Drake's feet.
" Yes," I would say she is mad," says Leona.
" well at least it has gotten her mine off of everything else that happen tonight," says Drake.
I come flying low over Drake breathing warm heat on his back.
" Alanna, come on, stop fooling around," says Drake," I am sorry if you are mad. You are the only woman for me. I love you, you know that."
" Smooth talker," laughs Leona.
I laugh and drop a pile of dragon dung at Drake's feet and fly off ahead. Female dragon dung is said to attract a male dragon.
" Apparently I am forgiven," smiles Drake. He uses his powers to transform himself into a dragon and goes flying off after Alanna.
" I think they need sometime alone," smiles Maggie," We shall rest here and wait for them."

I see Drake closing in on me. I spot an opening among some trees and go swooping down to land. I quickly transform myself back into my human self . Drake lands behind me and returns to his human form.
" Looking for someone i say," running off ahead.
Drake follows me. I stop short in my tracks. The scenery around me is breath taking. Their are tall pine trees and the animals and pixies that live in the forest have decorated them for the yuletide. It looks so magical nd breath taking.
" Oh Drake,it is so beautiful," I say to him.
" Not as beautiful as you," smiles Drake.
" It is like a magical fairyland." I say to him," Oh Drake, lets get married here tonight."
" But we don't have a priest or any witnesses ," says Drake.
" Well we can at least consummate the marriage," I say to him flirtatiously.
" Mi lady, well i never," teases Drake and he grabs me and pulls me into his arms. His lays me down on some soft moss and we make love over and over again among the beauty of the magical fairyland.
Afterwards I lay in his arms. I look at the stars above. It is so peaceful. I begin to cry.
" It's okay Alanna," says Drake kissing me," After what you went through these last few days , and especially tonight, you have every right to cry."
" Drake," i am so sorry," I am the cause of all this mess. It is my fault that Jeter did what he did."
" What do you mean?" inquires Drake. I tell him how i heard of Jeter's plan through Jeter's page boy. I did though despite everyone protests, I said i was going to marry Jeter.
" They wanted me to marry you," I said," But i tricked Jeter into thinking I would marry him. Then he led me out to the dance floor. I grew thirsty, and let my guard down.I allowed Jeter to get me something to drink. It is all my fault."
" It is not your fault," says Drake," You had no idea that Jeter was going to slip you something. If i ever get my hands on him.But enough with that." he pulls me close to him and starts to kiss me all over again.
" Drake," i tease him," If we keep this up, I will find myself with child ."
" What's wrong with that," smiles Drake.
" Good, cause I want a big family, at least 12 kids or maybe 16," I tease.
" Yikes !" exclaims Drake. I start to laugh out loud.
" You little imp !" laughs Drake and he grabs me and starts to tickle me.
" Drake," I say to him,looking around at all the decorated yuletide trees," What did you get me for yuletide ?Show me, show me, show me ." I start flirtatiously kissing him all over.

Lady Amy of York

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 01/11/2008 :  18:02:22       

I lay on the rock and stare off to the sky as the sun starts to dissapear behind the trees. Alanna passed out, I think she winded herself from asking me what her gift was over and over again. I couldnt show her right yet. The air is quiet and I have not seen many animals, it would seem that something has scared them from this area.

I run my fingers through Alanna's here. How breath taking she is. Her soft skin on mine, a feeling I will never forget or stop longing for.

I start to struggle to keep my eyes open, when suddenly I hear a noise across from us. An arm lays on mine and I look up to see Leona giving me the sign to stay quiet and I nod. She stays low behind me and out of the bushes jumps a Vyru.

"It's a Vyru," whispers Leona.

I shake my head, "Not just any Vyru, it looks like a Cavern Vyru, much nastier than their brothers above ground."

We stay silent in hopes he won't spot us, but they are used to the dark and have much better vision than dragon or fae kind. I didn't want to wake Alanna, but if this fellow got the best of us they'd take her back and do who knows what to her.

Leona see's the worried look on my face and starts to move forward but I grab her arm.

"Leona, theres never just one Vyru...he is most likely a scout..there will be more following shortly. We cannot afford to abuse our powers and weaken ourselves on a petty advisary. Lets get back to maggie."

I pick up Alanna forgetting we have no clothes on and Leona turns bright red and slinks into the woods. I wake her up and begin dressing.

"Drake...?" She says, half awake.
"Come on darling, we need to go. There are some enemies approaching."

Alanna gets up alot quicker than I thought and changes. We head back to where Maggie is and Leona is off in the distance with her back turned.

"Lets go everyone, we don't have much time."

Everyone begins packing up the makeshift camp and we begin moving at a slow and quiet pace. Leona stays in the back of us, she has much better tracking abilities than any of us combined, and will me more suited to sense an oncoming enemy.

"Drake..whats wrong with Leona?" Alanna asks.

"I'm not sure.." I reply.

"Sure you do, I can tell..you took a moment to give an answer."

I look over at Alanna and smile.

"Right before I woke you up, I stood up without thinking and Leona seen me without any clothes on."

Alanna's jaw drops and she punches me in the back.

"No wonder she is like that, she must be traumatized!"

Alanna notices I'm not laughing

"Drake..whats the matter..?" She says before trailing off.

"Alanna, neither I, or Leona have been very honest with you about a few things. Many many years ago..when I first meet her, we fell in love and wanted nothing more than to be together. My family forbade it though. I never understood why, but now that you came into my life I think I understand. She is most likely upset because what she saw was something she never saw before, maybe she was jealous of you. It's true, we are best friends now, but she still clings to what we had."

Alanna just looks at me with an empty stare.

"I'm going to scout ahead"

I then make my way quickly ahead of the party to look for any signs of danger, or more importantly, to escape explaining any more of the past I shared with Leona.

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/14/2008 :  23:01:59           

<<<< Meanwhile back at castle Farland , Jeter has been attended to by the royal court doctor much to the protest of the queen , who after talking to Alanna, before she fled, knows the truth about Jeter. But the queen can not say anything, for fear that she may put Alanna more at risk. She now sits , with her husband, and his royal advisors for Jeter has demanded an meeting with them. He now enters the room.
" Sir Jeter," says the king," It is good to see you back on your feet."
" No thanks to your daughter," remarks Jeter bitterly.
" My daughter?" inquires the king.
" Yes," snarls Jeter," For she is the one who tied to kiill me."
" That is outrageous," says the king.
" Really," says Jeter," Then why can't she be found anywhere in the castle. Her horse is missing, and so is that fellow Drake . She would not have fled unless she was guilty. I demand that the two of them be arrested for attempted murder."
" What proof do you have ?" demanded the king.
" I have witnesses," says Jeter. He goes to the door and beckons in 3 young woman, 2 young lads, and an elderly couple. He must have paid them well, or threaten them badly, for they all admit to witnessing seeing Alanna stab Jeter.
" I can't arrest my own daughter," says the king.
" I shall have them remove you from your throne and title sir ?" replied Jeter," I demand satisfaction."
" Very well," sighs the king," My hands are tied of the matter. I order that Alanna, and Sir Drake be arrested at once ."

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/15/2008 :  15:41:05           

I need to get Drake alone and talk to him some more about Leona. I also need to confront Leona. I know that i am suppose to marry Drake, but i will not come between Drake and Leona. I would feel awful if their relationship were to end because of me. I go to talk to Maggie and get some advice from her first when all of a sudden i have one of my visions. It is a strong one. My head starts to pound and I fall to the ground.
" Drake," shouts Maggie in a panic. Drake comes running and kneels down beside me.
" What happen ?" Drake asks me.
" My head," i say to him.
" She must be having a vision," remarks Maggie.
Then i see the vision.Soilders and guardsmen being led by Jeter.
" We are in great danger," I shout," we need to get out of here fast ."
" What did you see ?" demands Drake.
" No time to talk," I shout," They are coming."
" Who?" everyone asks at once.
" Soldiers, guardsmen, all being led by Jeter. He has a warrant for our arrest."

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/16/2008 :  14:18:11           

Just then there is a loud blasting noise up-ahead, and the sky lights up bright orange.
"What was that!" exclaims Maggie.
" I hope it's not who I think it is ?" I reply.
" Stay back," says Drake, running ahead to investigate, but I am not going to let him go alone. I follow behind him.
" I thought I told you to stay back," Drake yells to me.
"And I thought we were in this together," I remark back. Just then a figure appears in front of us in a cloud of smoke..Drake draws his sword. As the smoke clears we see that it is Rhondel.
" Sorry," says Rhondel," Did not mean to startle anyone."
" We heard a loud explosion," I explain," Are you alright?"
" Ah, the explosion," smiles Rhondel," I was just taking care of some Vyru, I saw following you."
" Vyru ?" I ask.
" Yes, not the friendliest of creatures," says Rhondel," Why just ask Drake here. He saw them too."
" Oh he did , did he?" I say, turning and giving Drake a angry warning glare of my eyes.
" Um, Rhondel," says Drake trying to avoid a ugly situation," What brings you here?"
" I have been looking for Alanna," says Rhondel.
" Why?" I ask.
" Alanna child," says Rhondel," You are the most powerful and strongest being in this world ."
" Even more powerful and stronger then Drake ?" I ask.
" Yes," says Rhondel.
I smile a mischievous grin and look at Drake.
" Lord help me now," sighs Drake.
" That is why I have been looking for you," explains Rhondel," You have powers you don't even know you have. I must teach you how to discover them."
" I don't have time for lessons right now," I answer," Jeter and his men are headed this way."
" Then we will learn along the way," says Rhondel.
" I'm going to scout ahead and make sure the Vyru are gone," says Drake sounding kind of grumpy.
" What is wrong with him ?" I say
" Male pride," says Rhondel.
" What !" I exclaim.
" Drake may not like the idea Alanna, that you are stronger and more powerful then him."
" Oh for goodness sake," I say. I walk back to Maggie and Leona. We mount our horses and ride ahead. Suddenly i hear a loud cry, like that of an injured animal.
" Stay here," I say to the others. I dismount my horse and go walking slowly ahead.The cry grows even louder.
" Drake where are you ?" I think to myself. I grow afraid for Drake, and I realize even though he drives me crazy at times, how much I really do love him.
" Drake, where are you ?" I call out. I hear a loud cry again. I decide to follow the direction the cry came from. I walk a short distance when i see Drake laying on the ground.
" Drake," I cry out to him.
" Alanna, don't come any closer ," shouts Drake," Their are animal traps all around. I'm afraid I stepped in one of them. My leg is caught."
" Don't tell me what to do ?" I shout back," You are hurt ." Okay, focus Alanna. You use to be able to move things with your mind. Okay there is one trap ahead of me. I focus on it, and it springs shut.
" There is another one in the tree ," calls Drake.
I focus on the tree, and a big wooden cage comes crashing down to the ground.
" That looks like all of them," I say and start to walk towards Drake when suddenly a spear with a long rope attached comes flying out of a tree.
" Alanna, duck," shouts Drake.
" Apparently i missed one," I say ducking and rolling out of it's way. I roll towards Drake.
" Now let me see that leg ," I say to him.
" Stubborn one," Drake says," I told you to stay back."
" You rather I leave you to bleed to death?" I remark back. Drake does not answer.
" You are the stubborn one ," I say to him.
" Me !" exclaims Drake," You are afine one to be calling me stubborn, why you are the most stubbornest woman i ever been with."
" Oh really ," I answered," And just how many woman have you been with ?"
" Never mind ," says Drake.
" No seriously Drake," I say to him," How many woman were their before me . I want to know ."
" Can we fight and argue later," says Drake," My leg is still caught in this trap here."
I look at the trap. It has some kind of steel springs and and sharp steel ends. Some of the steel ends have penetrated into Drake's leg ripping at some of the flesh.
" This does not look good," I say to Drake," The steal has penetrated into your leg. I can get you out, but it is going to hurt like hell."
" Do what you have to do ," says Drake.
" Bite down on this ," I say to him, handing him a large stick. I go to work freeing Drake's leg. It was not a pleasant task, and Drake screams out in pain, but I eventually get his leg free. Drake passes out from the lost of blood and the pain.
" I need to get you back to the others," I say to Drake. I pick him up and carry him in my arms back towards the others, who thankfully were growing concern and decided to ride ahead looking for us. They see me carrying Drake and come running to help me.
" He is hurt badly," I say to them," Rhondel please tell me you can help save his leg."
" It's not me who can heal him," says Rhondel," It is you Alanna."
" But i dont know how," I say in a panic.
" And so begins your first lesson," replies Rhondel.

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 01/17/2008 :  12:45:05       

I lay on a blanket, close to passing unconscious. I look down to my leg and see blood all over. I hear footsteps coming up from behind us. I look up and see Leona.

"Drake..you idiot! How careless can you be!? We've battled beings who could wipe out entire cities and here you get caught by a inanimate piece ot steel!?"

I can see tears forming in her eyes.

"If you don't get better, you won't make it, and if you don't make it, you won't be around to help me get Azerious back."

Leona looks to Alanna with anger in her eyes.

"And you! This is your fault, stop pushing him so hard and tormenting him. Thanks to you now he will have to be carried the rest of the way!"

I look at Leona and she looks down at me and turns away to walk towards Maggie.

"Ok ladies, come on, this is no time to argue. I see I will have to do this myself."

Rhondel puts his hand over my leg and starts an incantation, his hand starts to glow white and the blood starts to dissipate. I feel no pain, and in a few short moments it's all over.

"Now it will still be sore and you shouldnt walk on it for a bit, but that should be enough to get ye goin my boy."

I smile and then black out

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/17/2008 :  17:02:54           

I walk over to Leona.
" We need to talk," I say to her.
" I don't feel like talking to you right now," snaps Leona.
" No," I replied," We are going to talk now, and you are going to listen to what I have to say." Leona starts to walk away from me. I leap at her and pin her down to the ground.
" Let go of me!" shouts Leona.
" Not tell you hear what I have to say," I say to her.
" Never !" remarks Leona.
" Ladies!" exclaims Maggie running to the noise of our shouting," What is going on here ?"
" Leona and I are just having a friendly discussion," I reply.
" Humph !" shouts Leona.
" Leona,listen to me,"I say to her," I know you feel that I have pushed Drake, but that is not true. Lets look at it from the beginning. Yes, I accidentally shot him in the arm , but that was a accident. He volunteered for the joust."
" If I recall he had no choice," snapped Leona.
" But everything else was his choosing," I say to her," I did not ask him to fight against Maltivan. I did not ask him to come to my aid when Jeter tried to attack me. I did not ask him to go and scout ahead this morning. That was his own choice. My lord woman, do you think I want to hurt him, or any of you for that matter. I care for all of you. I am not some evil, terrible creature you are making me out to be."
Leona does not say a word . she turns her head away.
" I know why you are really mad at me. Drake told me about you and him. Leona, I don't want to come between you and Drake, but I am afraid i do not have any say in the relationship between me and Drake. Our paths were chosen for us the day we were born . Yes, I do love Drake dearly. Who wouldn't. He is a good man, kind, gentle, caring, loving."
Leona crawls at me with her finger nails scratching my cheek and left shoulder.
" Why you little...." I shout releasing my hold on her.
Leona rolls away from me, and shouts,
" I hate you ."
I walk away from her . I walk over to my horse , and check my saddle and my pack.
" You are hurt," says Rhondel noticing my cheek and shoulder.
" it is minor, I'll be okay," I say to him, " Rhondel will you please go check on Maggie and Leona for me. I want to be alone with Drake."
Rhondel walks away. I walk over to Drake who is sleeping. I kneel down beside him, and kiss him gently on the forehead.
" Goodbye Drake," I say to him," I will always love you, but I can not come between you and Leona. You two have been together for years. I can't break up a relationship like that." I kiss him again and wipe away my tears, then i quickly go to my horse and ride away out of sight.

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 01/17/2008 :  19:05:37       

I wake up what must be several hours later. It's daylight and when I blacked out the sun was setting. I look around and realize I'm on a makeshift bed being dragged by one of the horses. Rhondel and Maggie are the only 2 visible to me.

I sit myself up and the horse stops.

"Look Maggie! Drake has awakened!" Rhondel says.

"Thank Goodness," Maggie replies.

"Where is Leona and Alanna?"

Both Rhondel and Maggie look at me with troubled eyes.

"And why are you here Rhondel?"

"Don't ye remember anything from last night?" Maggie asks.

"Not really...."

Rhondel puts his hand on my shoulder and takes a puff from his pipe.

"Well Drake..Leona and Alanna got into a argument and both of them ran off and never came back. Right now we are continuing our root to Maggies kingdom, in hopes that Alanna is on her way there."

"What about Leona?"

"She can take care of herself," Maggie responds.

I mutter something under my breath about woman and Maggie slaps me upside the head.

Suddenly a loud explosion sounds off in the distance. Northeast of us smoke begins to rise from the forest. I stand up , but soon as I do a pain in my chest puts me back down. I fall hard to the ground and curl up in a ball. The pain is too much and I scream out in agony.

"Rhondel, whats wrong with him?" Maggie asks.

Rhondel stays quiet for a longtime, but when he sees I'm holding my chest over my heart, he knows.

"Leona is in danger"

Maggie looks at him awkwardly.

"When they were younger, they were to be married, in love they were. They used to come to my tower often and listen to stories. Drake was fighting a spawn of Maltavian and the spawn got the best of him, pierced a spear through his chest...."

Rhondel starts to stare off and Maggie nudges him

"...Unfortunately thats not all it pierced. Drake fell from the sky and right through my roof, where Leona was hiding. He died in her arms that night...."

Maggie just sat and listened, with her jaw at her feet and a tear in her eye.

"But, being of Dragon kin, a dragon doesn't need a whole heart to live. Two hearts can beat as one. In this case, Leona begged me to give half of her own heart for Drake to live. They have been inseperable for so many years, longer than I've been alive. At any point if their hearts fell out of sync or stopped loving the other, they would both die."

"But what about Azerious? Leona keeps asking Drake to help her save him?" Maggie inquires.

"Azerious? I havn't heard that name in a long time. Thats the family name he recieved from Leona's family."

"Who's name?"

"Drake's of course," Rhondel replies. "Leona loves Drake very much, and he loves her. Leona I'd imagine is asking for Drake to become Azerious again for her."

Maggie sits in silence

Suddenly I regain my calm and stop convulsing.

"Is Leona going to be alright?" Maggie asks.

"It would seem so, or else Drake would not be breathing any longer."

I lay on the ground, in pain, thinking..."Leona...don't die on me..."

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/18/2008 :  00:32:40           

Little did Maggie, Rhondel, or Drake know that i was lurking in the trees above them , and I heard every word of their conversations.So Drake and Leona were to be married at one time. But wait a minute, I thought Drake told me that they were forbidden to marry each other, and didn't Leona tell me that day at the joust that she did not love Drake. That she loved someone else.
I listen to more of the conversation.
Leona gave Drake part of her heart. If she die dies he dies, and vice versa. Oh wonderful.They both love each other very much.
This is suppose to make me feel good.Ilook up at the sky towards the heavens of the dragon gods. What do you want from me,I think to myself. You kept my true identity fro me all these years, making me think i was some crazy person with strange powers. Then I have a black dragon who either wants to kill me. I am suppose to be the queen of the dragons. I am suppose to marry someone who is inlove with someone else. I suddenly feel like screaming , but I don't want to give away my presence.

Then I am hit by one of my visions. Leona is in danger. Oh, lord I am going to regret this later, I say to myself, as I go flying off to save her.

I fly over wants seems to be some kind of encampment.Then i see some beastly creatures, Vyru's I think they are called cooking something in a large pot over a fire. I fly closer fora better look. Oh my, the thing, or creature being lowered into the pot is Leona. Oh this is good, real good. I try not to laugh. Okay, Alanna, get a grip of yourself. This is serious. She is still alive, thank goodness. I fly over her.
" Got yourself in abit of a heated mess I see Leona," I call to her.
" Alanna,is that you ?" shouts Leona," Go away I don't need your help."
" Very well then ," I say flying away. I turn and watch them lower Leona into the pot. She lets out a scream. She maybe stubborn , pain in the neck, but I can't let her die.I transform into a dragon and go swooping down over the vyru igniting a few Vyru on fire. Then i transform myself into human form , go rushing over to the pot and pull Leona out . She is barely alive.
" No, don't you dare die on me," I shout to her, " You maybe pain in my side at times, but you are like a sister to me, and I love you."
Just then an ghostly image of a dragon appears before me. I recognize that image. It is my dragon father.
" Father, I need your help," I cry.
" Leona's blood has been boiled to a dangerous level," says my father.
" What can i do to save her ," I say to him.
" You must give her some of your blood Alanna," says my father," Your blood has special healing powers only few dragons possess.You are the only dragon still alive to have those healing powers."
" Very well then," I say. I search around the camp. I find a willow tree and with my dagger start to whittle away at a small branch until i get the inside hollowed out. Then i take my dagger and make a cut in Leona's arm near a major vein.then i cut my own arm. This better work i say to myself. i stick one end of the hollow stick in my arm , and the other end in Leona's arm and let the blood flow from me to her. I lay there beside her.
I wonder why the others have not shown up yet. Most likely because they are dragging Drake on a litter, and I can move much faster then them. I lay quietly next to Leona for what seems to be forever to me. Leona suddenly awakens. She looks at her arm then at me.
" You saved me," she says to me," but why? After what i said to you ."
" Because," I said to you," contrary to what you may think, I do care about you."
" Thankyou Alanna," says Leona," I don't know what to say."
" Just don't ever make me regret it," I say to her with a smile.
I hear horses coming and hear the familiar voices of Drake, Maggie and Rhondel. I pull the stick out of my arm and say to Leona,
" I have to leave ." I go running off.
" Alanna, wait, don't leave," calls Leona, but i do not here her. I transform back into a bird and head south.

Lady Amy of York

<<<  3 more pages to  repost back up ... phew........ >> :) :P

Lady Amy of York

Drake and Maggie and Rhondel see Leona laying on the ground.
" Leona," Drake shouts," Rhondel help me over to her."
Drake holds onto Rhondel and limps over to Leona.
Leona sits up when she sees Drake coming.
" Leona," cries Drake," You are alive."
" Yes,thanks to Alanna," replies Leona," Drake she saved my life."
Drake looks around him for Alanna.
" Where is she ?" he asks Leona.
" Drake," says Leona sadly," I am afraid she fled when she saw you coming. We have hurt her badly ."
" I have to find her,"says Drake who starts to rush away, only to be overcome with pain in his leg.
" You can't go anywhere on that leg," Rhondel says to him.
" I need to find Alanna,"insists Drake.
" Alanna can take care of herself," assures Rhondel.
"That is what i am afraid of," replies Drake," She is hurting right now and not thinking straight. Who knows what she could wander into to."
Rhondel looks at Maggie and gives her a wink and then says,
" Maggie, it looks like this is the best time to have that talk I mention to you about, with Drake. Stay here and look after Leona."
" I don't feel like talking right now," replies Drake.
" I will do the talking," says Rhondel," You will do the listening. Come Drake." Drake holds onto Rhondel and they walk a ways until they come to a hollow tree stump.
" Sit," says Rhondel to Drake, pointing at the stump. Drake sits down.
" Drake you are a stubborn man," says Rhondel," You are a stubborn man, almost as stubborn as my daughter ."
" Your daughter," asks Drake.
" Alanna is my daughter Drake," answers Rhondel.
" How can that be?" asks Drake," Alanna is the daughter of the great dragon king who was killed in battle years ago."
" Drake, I need to show you something ," says Rhondel.
Rhondel chants some long chant. A bright glow of light surrounds him. Drake shield's his eyes with his hands from the light.
" You can look now Drake," says Rhondel. When Drake opens his eyes there standing before him, is biggest dragon he has ever seen, wearing the medallion of the dragon king.
" My king," says Drake bowing his head. Then he looks up at Rhondel and says," But how...you are suppose to be dead."
" Maltivan thought he had killed me .I was bleeding badly and I was knocked unconscious. He left me for dead, and when i awoke, my wife was gone.I have searched for her, for years, but have never found her. Anyway, i knew that I had to protect Alanna, who was only a infant, for i knew what powers she possessed and if Maltivan was ever to find her, he would use her to his advantage. So i took her far way to the kingdom of Farland. Little did i ever dream that Maltivan would find her there."
" But that still does not explain what happen to you ? Why did you let every one think the dragon king was dead.?"
" Because Drake," answered Rhondel," Maltivan used something on me. He rid me of most of my powers and took them as his own. That is why he is so powerful today. The powers he possess now, use to be mind. I barely have any powers left.So I went from being the Dragon king to Rhondel, the old wizard. This allowed me to keep an eye on you and Alanna until the time was right."
" You mean until Alanna and I were to meet," says Drake.
" Exactly," says Rhondel," For your destiny's were written way before either one of you were born."
" You need to let Alanna know you are alive ?" says Drake.
" I have come to her already in a ghostly image," says Rhondel.
" Yes but she needs to know you are alive ," insists Drake.
" It is not for me to tell her," says Rhondel," You are to be the one to tell her."
" Me !" exclaims Drake," She will think I am making the whole thing up. She will hate me for sure."
" Drake how much do you love my daughter ?" asks Rhondel.
" I love her,' says Drake.
" No, I mean seriously," says Rhondel," I know that you and Leona were in love with each other at one time."
" Yes," says Drake," but I am suppose to marry Alanna."
" But do you still love Leona ?" says Rhondel," I know you do, or at least you think you do, but it is not true love Drake."
" What?' asks Drake.
" It is what we call first love or puppy love," smiles Rhondel," You think you are in love, but in reality you really are not. Neither one of you have met your true soul mate. I'll take that back. Your true soul mate is Alanna, and Leona, does not know it, but there is someone special waiting to meet her."
"So i have been infatuated with someone for over 800 years," says Drake," How pathetic is that ?"
" Pretty pathetic," teases Rhondel.
" Thanks alot," replies Drake.
" No, seriously Drake," says Rhondel," I really do not find it pathetic at all. You and Leona were always together. You shared a true bond that you felt was love. Not that i am not saying that you two don't love each other. You do, but their are different types of love. Their is love between a brother and sister..."
" If you are saying I am infatuated with Leona like if she was my sister, then I am really patheic," says Drake.
" No, no no," says Rhondel," well you just be quiet and listen to me for a second. AS i was saying there is love like that between siblings, there is love like that beteewn a child and a parent, there is the love felt bewteen two friends, like a tight kinship, and there is the strong emotional and physical love felt between a man and a wife."
In the meantime Maggie was having a similar talk with Leona, for Rhondel had already talked to Maggie and told her what to say to Leona.
" So what I feel for Drake is not real ?" says Leona.
" Oh it is real, but not in the sense you think it is," says Maggie," and Rhondel tells me their is someone special waiting for you."
" We need to find Alanna," says Leona," We need to tell her about her father, and more importantly we have to tell her about me and Drake and that we are not meant to be. That i understand it all now."
" You are in no shape to go anywhere ?" says Maggie.
" I feel fine," says Leona," I don't know what Alanna did to me, but really I feel fine. Don't say anything to Drake, but I am going to find Alanna."
Leona changes into a dragonling and goes flying off.
As soon as Leona disappears Maggie goes running to Drake and Rhondel to tell them where Leona went.

Lady Amy of York

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 01/18/2008 :  17:56:06       

I sit quietly pondering everything that has happened. My whole life I've been told I had a destiny to fulfill. Something I needed to do, and was meant to do. I wish I could do what I wanted to do...

Rhondel turns back to me and see my head burried in my hands.

"Drake, there is no need to be upset over these turn of events.." Rhondel starts to say, but I quickly cut him off.

"No..there is. My whole life I protected my clan, my family, you, Leona, and many others. Even though it was my sworn duty, I've done it because I wanted to. Not because I had to but, everything else in my life has always been pre-determined. I'm not a child, I am a Dragon Lord of the Starsong clan. My whole life was plotted for me before I was born."

Rhondel looks at me with a serious look in on his face.

"I'm no longer living up to everyone elses expectations and desires other than my own. I'm going to defeat Maltavian, but with how I see fit. My relationship with Leona was never pety or an infatuation. I'm not so blind that I cannot tell the difference between what is real love and what isn't. I care the world for Alanna, and I'd do anything for her, but my heart tells me Leona is the one that will heal my wounds, and I hers."

Rhondel slams his staff into the ground and a thunderous bolt of lightning comes down, striking the ground before me.

"You will do what our people have left for you to do!" Rhondel yells.

"And I will!" I shout back. "I have no intentions of letting this threat to our world go unchecked. I'm just tired of everyone thinking about how they feel. Everyone wants me and Alanna to get married. Everyone wants us to have children so we can carry on our peoples future. Has one person ever asked me what I thought? or how I felt? Never a day in my life. Except two people. Alanna and Leona."

Rhondel stands still for a few moments, unable to find words to lend my ear. I can tell he is frustrated, he has always had a nervous twitch when unsure of the right thing to say.

"You can tell me all you want that Alanna is meant to be my wife, and that she is the most powerful Dragon still alive. But your wrong on a few things. Maltavian took my life once, and he will not have it again, I will kill him, for there is something about me I've kept hidden from everyone, except my mother and Leona."

Rhondel's eyes perk up a bit at the last statement to leave my mouth.

I no longer feel like I can argue with such an old friend of mine, love him dearly I do, but right now I don't think this is something I want to deal with.

I spread out my wings and take off for Mount Orgeent. I fly for what must of been half the day and finally step down upon its darkened peak.

I pull out the sword I found in the cavern with Rhondel and set it on the ground. I then remove the pack from my back and unravel a short package I have had with me. Inside the pack are several shards of a broken staff. My mother gave this to me many years ago.

::Forgive me Alanna, for even though I love you, I feel my love for you is not one of deep longing, I thought it was, but I realize that Leona still holds mine:: I think to myself.

I then grab the remnants of the broken staff and head into the cavern mouth at the top of the mountain peak. I travel through many winding caverns, for what must be hours. Finally through the last corridor I see a shimmer. I step into the room and in front of me is the shimmer of the Angels Tears. A body of water said to be created from the tears of the goddess Hireen, mother of the Dragons. I put the staff pieces into the water and nothing happens. Unsure of what the next step may be..I take a chance and toss my sword into the water. Suddenly the room turns bright blue, painful to the eyes I have to turn my back and cover my face. A piercing howl screeches through the room. Finally the noise and the glow are gone, when I turn, there it is.

"Hireens Arm.." I say to myself. "The spear that Hireen used to defeat the evil gods who tried to wipe my people from this world many years ago.." I continue to say before trailing off.

I grab hold of the spear and the surge that it sends through my body is definitely not of this world.

::With this sword, I will be able to defeat Maltavian without having to combine my soul with Alanna's:: I think to myself.

"Please forgive me Alanna, if only you knew how I truly felt."

I make my way out of the cavern and when I reach the peak I'm greeted by Leona.

"Drake..."

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/18/2008 :  23:56:14            

I sit by a small lake relaxing and getting a drink of water. My head and body grow tired and weary, but I can't sleep yet. It is not safe out here in the open for me to fall asleep. I miss the others. I let out a small sigh.
" Look into the lake ," says a voice.
" Who goes there?" I shout," Father is that you ? No it is not you. It is not your voice. Who are you ?"
" Look into the lake," the voice says again.
" Your voice sound familiar but yet i can not place it," I say,'What do you want with me?"
" Look into the lake," the voice says again.
" Why?" I answer," What is so special about the lake?"
" The lake holds magical powers, look and you will see," says the voice.
" I don't believe you," I call back. As i say that images appear on the water. I see Drake and Rhondel. I see and hear them talking about Drake's feelings for me. I hear say he can never love me, and that he loves Leona."
" Is this some trick?" I shout," Why are you showing me this ?"
" The Lake of Truth does not lie," says the voice.
Drake how can you do this to me. You said you loved me. Wemade love together. I feel hurt and betrayed. Darn them. Darn them all . I go running through the woods, blinded by the tears in my eyes. I bump right into something.
" Whoa, slow down there," says a voice,"A person could get hurt out here running around like that."
I wipe away my tears and stare at the creature in front of me. What a fine looking creature it is. Infront of me stands a tall handsome male hunter carrying a bow and arrow on his back.
" If you would please, let me pass," I say to him.
" Easy now," he says to me," I mean you no harm. What is a fine looking lass like yourself doing out here alone? You are crying . Has someone hurt you ?"
" In a way yes," I answer.
" Show me the beast, and I will make him pay," says the hunter.
" Please ,if you just let me go on my way," I beg him.
" No can do," says the hunter," The forest is adangerous place for a lass to be running around in, and I would never forgive myself if something were to happen to you.So if you don't mind I will escort you till you get to were you want to go."
"But i am not sure where I am going ," I say to him.
" Ah running away from some one are we ?"
" Yes, someone who has hurt and betrayed me."
" well then i will keep you company until we getto wherever it is you want to go."
" You don't have to," I say.
" But i insist," says the hunter," My mother raised me to be agentleman and i can not let a lady like yourself wander alone."
" Very well," I say.
"Robert Swiftwind , at your service mi lady ," says the hunter bowing before me.
" I am called Alanna," I reply.
" A beautiful name for a beautiful lady," says Robert picking a bunch of flowers and handing them to me. I can't help but blush a bit.
" I think I may enjoy your company Robert," I say to him with a smile.

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 01/19/2008 :  11:52:57        

I stand in front of Leona, the woman who I loved for so very long....I never questioned it untill now. Even though my feelings for her are strong...the feeling I have around her is much different than the feeling I have for Alanna. Both are of love, but..was Rhondel right? I shake the sensation out of my head just as Leona jumps at me and holds me tight.

"Drake, you need to stop making me worry. You know your like a brother to me, if I lost you, I don't know what I'd do."

"You'd probably die..." I say with a hint of sarcasm in my voice.

It's true though, she would. If one of us dies, so does the other. I repeat what she said over and over in my head..."Like a brother to me"...

I pull away and look Leona straight in the eye. "Leona, how do you feel about me?"

She looks confused. "Wha.."

"I mean, how do you love me, in what way?"

"Drake, come on. Why are you asking this?" she asks.

"Please just answer me, its important."

Leona stares at me for a long while before saying anything.

"We have been through a lot together you and I. I used to think your all there was in this world to me. I do love you so very much, but we were young when we had thoughts of marriage and children. Drake you are my best friend, my brother....and so much more but, you know as well as I do, that its Alanna's heart you belong to, not mine. A heart thats in trouble and needs to be saved....by you."

I kiss Leona on the cheek and nod in approval.

"Thank you, thats all I needed to know," I say as she smiles back to me.

Suddenly she see's the pole arm strapped to my back.

"Drake! Is that...Hireens Arm?"

"Yes, and I will use it to defeat Maltavian once and for all"

I spread my wings and take off, Leona follows behind me

"What will we do now?" Yells Leona

"Find Alanna" I shout back

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/22/2008 :  15:22:25            

I walk along leading my horse , while I listen to Robert talk.
" So," says Robert," Who is this person that you are running away from ?"
" His name is Drake."
" Ah, is he your husband ?"
" He was suppose to be ,"I replie," But he loves someone else, and if you don't mind I rather not talk about it."
" If you ask me," says Robert," The man must be blind and stupid, to let a beautiful lass like yourself get away. And I'm not just talking about your outer beauty, and must i say not a more beautiful creature have i met, but i can tell you possess a inner beauty too. My mother always told me i was good judge of characters, and yes, you are a definitely a rare find. That Drake was a darn fool to let you go."
" Thankyou," i say with a smile.
" Ah," says Robert," I made you smile. Good. Can't have a pretty face like that frowning."
" Are you trying to charm and flirt with me sir ?" I ask.
" Nay lass," says Robert," Not that I would not mind winning your hand. But I was mainly just stating the truth. You look much better with a smile on your face then a frown."
I laugh again and continue walking along with my horse and Robert. We spot a cave up ahead.
" Let me scout it out," says Robert. I start to protest, ans say it would be safer for me to check it out, but then i remember I don't know Robert very well, and I can not reveal my secret yet. So i stay with my horse while Robert scouts around the cave. A few minutes later he signals me to come forward.
" Looks safe to me," says Robert," We can rest here for the night. I have some bread and fruit in my pack, we can eat that."
We both fest on the food Robert has in his pack. Then Robert lays his cloak that he is wearing down on the ground.
" There you go mi lady," says Robert," you can sleep there."
" Where will you sleep?" I ask.
" I will stay awake and keep watch over us." says Robert.
" No you sleep Robert," I replie," I am not very tired. I will keep first watch."
I wait for Robert to fall asleep. Then i write him a message in the dirt :
>> Thankyou for your help, but i must continue on my own.- Alanna >>
I hated to say goodbye to my new friend, but i had to continue on my own. If Maltivan were to find us, Robert would be no match for him.
" Goodbye new friend, thankyou for making laugh for a little while. I will always remember you ." I mount my horse and ride off.
The next morning Robert is awaken by someone kicking at him with his boot. He awakes to find a tall dark haired man standing over him. A small petite size woman stands next to him.
" Who are you and what do you want?" asks Robert pulling the cloak he is laying under around him.
" Easy friend," smiles Drake," I'm looking for a young beautiful woman."
" Aren't we all friend ," teases Robert . Leona tries not laugh, but she can't help let out a small giggle.
" You are no help," says Drake to her. Robert smiles at Leona , and Leona blushes and giggles.
" This particular woman," says Drake," is very tall, has hair the color of the sun raising in the sky, and eyes the color of emeralds,very nice..um..um...bosom, and lips to die for."
" You mean Alanna," says Robert teasingly," Ah yes, she is a good kisser." Robert winks at Leona .
" What ! " says Drake getting furious.
" Take it easy," laughs Robert," I'm just fooling you. I never laid a hand on her. My mother raised a gentleman, she did indeed. Hmm..you must be the fool she calls Drake. "
" So she is here ?" says Drake, not looking very amused.
" She was " replies Robert.
Leona trying to keep from blushing in front of Robert, stares down at the ground. She notices something written in the dirt.
" Drake, Look," she says and points to the ground.
Drake reads the message.
" Great," says Drake," She was here but left."
Hello dearies," calls a voice. Drake turns and there stands Maggie and Rhondel.
" Maggie it is good to see you ," says Drake giving the woman a hug. Then he turns to Rhondel.
" I am surprised to see you here ," says Drake.
" Maggie was worried about all of you. I was only escorting her to you," says Rhondel," As for me and you, you have not taste or felt the wrath of my fury yet." A bolt of lightening comes out of the sky, just missing Drake, and Rhondel vanishes into thin air.
" Who was that?' says Robert to Drake," And what did you do to make him so angry ?"
" He was to be my future father n law," shouts Drake.
" Nice family," laughs Robert out loud. His laughing startles Maggie's dog Tugs who runs over to Robert and tugs at his cloak pulling it away from him, and revealing a very naked Robert.
" Oh my !" exclaims Maggie with a smile, trying not to blush," I guess i forgot to tell you all how Tugs got his name."
Leona just stares and tries not blush. Drake sees her staring and places his hands over her eyes.
" Drake !" Leona mutters in protest.

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/23/2008 :  14:59:33            

I grow hungry and tired and I would kill for a warm bath, but i can't stop out here in the wilderness. It would not be safe. I let out a sigh, and day dream about my warm bed back in the castle, and my lady in waiting pouring me a hot bath. Well i will just have to be dirty for now I say to myself. My head starts to nod, and I find myself dozing off. I awake awhile later. My horse has stopped to graze on some grass. How long have I been asleep. This is not good. Someone could have sneaked up on me. I decide that I must find a place to rest. I ride for a few more miles, when i come across a small village. I spot a inn and tavern with it's light on and enter. The barkeep, a pleasant looking older fellow , smiles at me and says ,
" What be ayoung lass like yourself doing out on a cold night like this ?"
" I would be looking for a place to sleep," I say," I don't have any money, but i can offer you these." I had left any gold coins i had packed on the pack horses with Drake and the others. I take the rings off of my fingers and hand them to the barkeep.
" Mighty fine looking rings ?" says the barkeep.
" They were a wedding present from my late husband ," I lie.
" Then i can not take these from you," smiles the barkeep," Instead you can pay for your room, by working it off. My serving wench ran off and got married. I am in need of someone to take her place."
" I accept the job," I say. A couple pf patrons come walking into the tavern.
" You can start now," smiles the barkeep. I walk over and take the gentlemen's order. After fetching them all their drinks I take a glance around the room. I notice a small harp sitting by the fireplace hearth.
I pull up a chair and sit down beside it and strat to strum a few chords. The barkeep comes up to me.
" I hope you don't mind ?' I say to him.
" That harp belonged to my dead wife," he replies.
" I'm sorry sir," I answer back, and i cease playing.
" Please," says the barkeep," Please continue playing. It does my heart good to hear it being played again. And please don't call me sir, my name is William."
" Please to meet you William," I replie with a smile," My friends call me....... they call me Anna." I did not feel it was safe giving my real name with all those people ,in the room. I start to play the harp again, and i sing as i play. Some of the gentlemen pull their chairs closer to hear me sing and play.
" William, where did you find this lass?", one of the men calls," she has a voice like an angel."
" Aye," agrees another and he orders another round of drinks for everyone.

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 01/24/2008 :  12:59:17        

I can tell by the look in Leona's eyes that she is on the fast track to love, she hasn't looked away from the stranger the entire time.

"Well I must go, I must find Alanna before anything else does. Sir I ask you please make the trek with Leona and Maggie to her keep, keep them safe from harm, I would pay you well."

Robert waves his hand, "That won't be necessary, as a gentleman, I shall escort them, it would be my honor."

I take my bow, hug Leona tightly and give her a good luck kiss on the cheek. "Take care, me and Alanna will catch up to you later, don't go dying on me, your the closest thing to a sister I have."

Leona smiles and nods

I give Maggie a hug as well and lock arms with Robert in a good show of friendship.

I run out of the cave mouth and stop at some tracks. I kneel down and take in the surrounding area. ::Alanna came this way I said to myself::

I look around and spread my wings, taking off to a low flight.

///////Behind me on the top of the cave mouth sits Rhondel/////////

"I'll be damned, he finally is growing up and getting the hint"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I fly for several hours before seeing a small village, as I look closer I see Alanna's horse and swoop down unseen.

I run my hand over her horses mane, "Good girl, thank you for watching over Alanna for me," I say. The horse nays and nudges me a little to show she understands.

I walk into the inn and I'm greeted buy an older fellow.

"Welcome, welcome! What can I do for you on this fine night?" He asks

I look around but theres no sign of Alanna.

"I'm looking for a woman who may of came in here, I see her horse outside, she is tall and beautiful..."

The innkeeper cuts in, "And a voice to die for? You mean Miss Anna?"

I smile and nod, "She is my fiance, we were seperated and I was stuck several hours behind her due to a Vyru attack."

The innkeeper motions to follow him and he then leads me up the stairs to a second floor. "She is in #24 on the right at the end."

"Thank you very much..."

"William is the name, and you must be Drake. Anna told me much of you."

"Thank you William."

He then bows and walks back downstairs. I walk over to the door and turn the nob, to my surprise its unlocked and I peek inside. Alanna is fast asleep, like an angel.

I slowly enter the room and kneel down next to the bed, stairing at her beautiful face. I kiss her forehead and sit on the chair next to the bed where I fall fast asleep.

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/24/2008 :  16:57:09            

I have the feeling i am being watched. I awake to find Drake asleep in a chair in my room.
" So you found me," I say to myself," But if you think you can just come waltzing in here and apologise think again sir." I am still angry and hurt by Drake's actions. How he made a fool of me, and convinced me that he loved me, when all this time he was planning on marrying Leona. He used me and betrayed me.Then a mischievous , revengeful idea comes to my mind.
Nothing wrong with using my powers to have some fun is there I think to myself. I summon up a spell and Drake's clothes that he is wearing disappear. Then I cast another spell and ropes come out of the chair and wind around him. They can only be realeased by a certain spell.
" Lets see him get out of that," I say with a laugh. I sit and stare at his handsome physique for a second and sigh . Part of me wants him to take me in his arms and kiss me all over, and another part of me is still very hurt and angry. I let out another sigh and then leave the room to get ready for the morning customers and to feed my horse.

ClereonSwiftarrow
The Sire of Swift

201 Posts
Posted - 01/24/2008 :  18:55:07        

I awaken to see an empty bed, and a small cluttered room. Not quite sure where I am at first, but then I remember finding Alanna.

"Alanna!" I yell, but as I jump I find myself restricted, and naked

"What the...?" I shake my head, "Yeah, guess I had this coming."

I lean my head back in the chair far enough to see out the window and I stare at the sky for some time. Thoughts drifting aimlessly in my mind.

..why am I here?
..whats my purpose?
..who am I really?
..will Alanna forgive me?
..she really is the woman I love..
..I am a fool of a dragon indeed....

I snap out of it and spread my wings which break the rope. It's obvious Alanna isn't 100% used to being a dragon yet.

"Time to set matters of the heart straight," I say to myself as I throw my clothes back on and head downstairs.

As I get to the bottom floor I see and hear the roar of a small crowed. They are cheering for Alanna who is playing a harp and singing.

I walk over to the innkeeper, "Excuse me..but do you have any other instruments?"

The innkeeper smiles and hands me a flute, one made of ivory it would seem. He winks at me and says, "Ah, using the magic of sound to win back a wayward heart are we?"

I nod and soon as Alanna stops playing I take the flute to my lips. Suddenly the crowed shifts over and even Alanna cannot look away.

I step up to the front of the room next to Alanna and take my bow. "Lads and lasses, this is a gentle song for a gentle, and amazing woman."

I begin to play a song that most people already know, the common folk refer to it as "The Ladies Melody" but it was accually first done by the Dragon kin, and its original name translates into "Bouquet of hearts".

As I play, Alanna starts to play with her harp. People are starting to crowd into the room from the streets.

A small girl who is in the crowd steps up and begins to sing..

There she walks amidst the forest,
Long green gown, blowing in the wind,
Her hair as beautiful as the suns waking,
Where will she go today...?

A melody of the stars,
The lady wanders with the melody in her heart,
A song for all the beauty,
The boquet of hearts are in her hands...

The little girl smiles as thats all she knows and sits down. Everyone claps and we stop playing the music. Alanna smiles at me but quickly turns it upside down and looks away. I put down the flute and get on my knee's. The crowd turns quiet.

"Alanna..."

"Shh!! It's Anna!" She whispers

"Anna. I'm sorry for everything. I love you, with all of my heart and all that I am. I never ditched you, or lead you on. What I felt was real, but what I feel for Leona is real too, I just wasn't sure which was which feeling. I know how where my heart resides, Leona may be the best friend I ever had, like a sister even, but thats all she is. Ever since I met you, you gave me tingles down my spine. A feeling any man would kill to feel. I felt it with you and I put it in danger. I won't deny my heart anymore, please forgive me, I want nothing more than to have your hand in marriage, and spend the rest of whatever my life may be worth...with you."

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York

1947 Posts
Posted - 01/24/2008 :  21:13:51            

I look at Drake down on his knees, begging for my forgiveness, a sight i thought i would never see. I want to laugh and giggle, but i can see the passion and the pain in his eyes. Even though I still feel hurt, and a bit angry, I can see that he truly does love me.
I stand before him and say to him :
" You think you can just waltz in here and beg forgiveness from me ?"
" Anna, please," begs Drake.
" Let me finish," I replied," Your hurt me Drake. I felt lied to and betrayed. I loved you. I opened my heart to you and told you things i never told to anyone before ."
" I can understand if you are angry with me ," says Drake starting to stand up.
" Get back down on your knees," i say to him," First you must promise me that you will never sing again ." Drake looks at me not very amused, and then i laugh and kneel down beside him and take his hands in mind and sing the following :

" Are you going to Scarborough Faire?
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.
Remember me to one who lived there.
She once was a true love of mine.

Have her make me a cambric shirt
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme.
Without no seams, nor fine needle work.
Then she'll be a true love of mine.

Tell her to weave it in a sycamore wood lane.
Parsley, sage, rosemary and thyme
Gather it up in a basket of flowers
Then she'll be a true love of mine

Have her wash it in yonder dry well
Where water ne'er sprung, nor drop of rain fell.

Tell her to to find me an acre of land.
Between the sea foam and over the sand.

Plow the land with the horn of a lamb.
Then sow some seeds from north of the dam.

Have her reap it with a sickle of leather.
Gather it up in a bunch of heather.

If she tells me she can't, then I'll reply.
Let me know, that at least she will try.

Love imposes impossible tasks
Though not more than any heart asks.
And I must know she's true love of mine

When thou has finished thy task.
Come to me my hand for to ask.
For then you'll be a true love of mine

Tell her to dry it on yonder thorn,
Parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme,
Which never bore blossom since Adam was born,
And then she'll be a true love of mine.

Ask her to do me this courtesy,
Parsely, sage, rosemary, and thyme,
And ask for a like favor from me,
And then she'll be a true love of mine.

Have you been to Scarborough Fair?
Remember me from one who lives there,
For he once was a true love of mine.

When he has done and finished his work,
Ask him to come for his cambric shirt,
For then he'll be a true love of mine.

You are my true love Drake."

I pull him close to me and kiss him, and then i whisper in his ear " Follow me upstairs ."

I take his hand and smile a flirtatious smile. I lead him upstairs to the hoop and hollers of the crowd down below. I lead him into my bedroom, and close the door behind me.
" Sit," i say to him pointing to the chair. Drake sits down on the chair. I quickly remove my skirts, and then undo the ties of my chemise letting it fall to the ground.
" Now show me just how much you love me," i say to him with a mischievous smile and leap into his lap.