News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Swords and bows

Started by Lady Amy of York, May 10, 2008, 12:22:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Starsong

I open my eyes...but have I? Everything is pitch dark. No sounds, no movements...nothing..silence.

I shift my position and sit up, my arms and legs are throbbing and It would seem I have been chained to the floor and wall. I try to summon some of my Dragon energies so I can see what I'm contending with...but I cannot, I'm to weak. What happened to me...whats this sharp feeling in my chest. I cannot help but gasp for air.

"You must lay down and rest boy, or you will never heal."

"Who said that? Where are you?" I say frantically.

"I said it, and I'm to your right," replies the soft voice.

"Tell me your name."

Suddenly in the dark I hear movement.

"My name is Lorendil, and I know much about you Drake Starsong."

"Your an elf? I reply in a surprised tone.

"Aye, I was visiting the King and Queen when the castle was besieged, I tried defending them with my life, but Maltavian is to much for my magic. Although you, are not beyond my ability, someone laid a nasty bolt of lighting through your chest, a normal man would of died, but now your not normal are you? Either way I patched you up best I could without the use of my arms or potions."

"I see..."

I lay still and breath slowly for a while in order to ease the pain.

"Is there any way out?" I ask.

"Not unless we can break our binds...so for the time being, unless you can regenerate all your strength we are going to be visitors for a long time."

I lay back again and try to relax, just thinking to myself..Alanna..I hope your ok...
Yo ho Yo ho!

Lady Amy of York

" Looking for me ?" I say with a smile appearing before Drake.
" Alanna ! " exclaims Drake," I don't know how you got here, nor do I want to know, but I am glad to see you.  Free me please."
" What !" I exclaim," You mean the mighty warrior  can not free himself ?"
  " Very funny," replies Drake.
   " I don't know I kind of like  you being all tied up  ," I say with a laugh.
    " Alanna this is no time  for games," says Drake.
    " Ah games..yes...," I say witha laugh  and kneel down besides Drake  and start  to kiss him.
    " Alanna, not here ,"  says Drake.
    "  Hush," I whisper to him," I have a feeling we are being watched.  Take this ."    I hand him  a  short  sword  i had hidden on me,  and then using the spell that shoots flames out of my hands, I burn thru the ropes that  kept him prisoner.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Drake Starsong

I feel the fire burn threw the ropes, I try to stand but cannot, I fall back to the floor.

"Drake, come on, we need to go," Alanna says.

"I'm sorry my love, but I cannot...I am to weak...free Lorendil...he may be able to give me strength."

"Who?" Alanna says confused.

"Me, I am Lorendil, a prisoner of Maltavian. Young Princess, I was visiting with your parents when the castle was sacked."

Alanna forms a fireball in her hand to illuminate the room and she sees Lorendil and smiles.

"I remember you...you used to visit my parents when I was a child."

"Thats right," replies Lorendil.

"Enough banter, please free me from my binds so I may tend to Drake."

Alanna nods and burns down his shackles.

Lorendil crawls to me and puts his hands over my chest. He begins chanting in old elvish and his hands turn a soft blue.

"Lorendil, what happened?"

"From what I gather, the mage who came with him betrayed him and burned a hole right through his chest. He was on the edge of life and death when they shackled him up, luckily even without the use of my hands I was able to save him."

Alanna sits in silence.

"I'm so sorry my love...I had no idea it was that serious..I didn't mean to rush you.."

I cut Alanna off with the wave of my hand.

"Worry not, I will be fine, you had no way of knowing, but it's true. Ryza was tempted by Maltavian to kill me and help his cause. He promised to spare her home and her people."

Alanna stands up and clentches her fist.

"I will kill that woman..."

"Alanna calm down, we will deal with Ryza when the time comes. For now we have to help these people."

Alanna sighs and nods.

I motion her to me and she gets on her knees and grabs my hand.

"I was beginning to think I wouldn't see you again..." I say before Alanna puts her finger against my lips.

"Don't talk like that, this wasn't your fault, the mighty Drake Starsong won't be defeated so easily, if you could then I need to find a new suiter," Alanna says as she winks.

She leans over and kisses me softly.

"I love you," She whispers.

I smile and wait patiently for my wounds to heal.

Yo ho Yo ho!

Lady Amy of York

I pace back and forth like a restless tiger as Drake sleeps.Finally  I decide i can not stand around any longer.
" Lorendil, tell Drake I will be back in a while," I say to him.
" Don't do it," responds Lorendil.
" Pardon me ?' I say back to him.
  " I know  you are going off to hunt down Ryza,"  says  Lorendil.
  "She tried to kill Drake, and would have probably suceeded if you or I had not been here to  heal him.  "
" Alanna, Drake would not want you to go after her alone."
  "  Drake is too weak to help me fight her,  and he needs you here Lorendil to help heal him.  Besides, this is my fight now.     She made it my fight when she tried to kill the one I love.  Now  she must answer to me.   "
    I transform into a dragon and  fly off to hunt   down  Ryza.

Drake Starsong

I wake up and see Lorendil to the side and strangely enough the once dark room is now illuminated.

"Drake I'm sure I don't have to tell you..."

"Alanna went after Ryza...yeah...I figured she would..." I reply.

I jump to my feet, I feel great, and well rested.

"Lorendil, you should get back to your people, me and Alanna can handle this situation."

Lorendil bows and meets me in an arm lock

"God speed my friend, may the Malfurian watch over you," Lorendil says before exiting the room.

I can feel Alannas presence close by, as well as Ryzas. I leave the cell and head towards the front of the cavern, near the docks. The slaves are gone and the supplies left over are burning.

I turn the corner and see Alanna guarding herself from one of Ryzas fireballs.

"Alanna!" I yell.

Both Alanna and Ryza turn to me and simultaneously say my name in shock.

I summon as much of my energies as possible and in the middle of a transformation Hireens Arm begins to glow a bright blue and I feel a rush of power.

Hireens Arm also blasts a wave at Alanna which causes her to glow as well.

We look at each other with much confusion in our eyes and Ryza is stopped in her tracks, not full knowing of what just happened.
Yo ho Yo ho!

Lady Amy of York

I feel this powerful glowing light all around me.  The dragon's queen pendant around my neck begins to glow too. I feel this strong power comingover me and controlling my body.   I approach Ryza, I put my hands on her  and she begins to shake all over as I slowly drain her life from her. But then i stop and she falls to the ground.
  " Why did you not kill me ?" hisses Ryza at me.
  " Because unlike you and your master I am no killer ," I say to her," besides now you are going to talk  and tell us where Maltivian is and what he is up to."
  " Never ," replies Ryza, spitting at me.
  " Ryza," I say to her," why are you doing this? Look at yourself. You have traded your soul for what, to be a slave to  a  evil creature like Maltivian?"
   " You don't understand ," shouts Ryza at me.
   " I do understand," I answer," I know that he threaten you and your people. I know you felt you had no choice. Don't let him get the best of you. Fight him Ryza. Join me and Drake   and help us get rid of Maltivian  for good. Make him pay for what he has done to you."

Drake Starsong

Ryza lowers her head, I can see the pain in her eyes.

"Ry, come on, I've known you for a long time now. Even after what happened, I can still call you my friend. It doesn't need to end this way. We WILL protect you and your people."

Ryza falls to her knees and begins to cry, but suddenly a pendant around her neck begins to give off a black smoke. She falls to the ground and begins convulsing, then rises up in mid-air as her body still is limp.

"You will not save anyone, or anything," Ryza says in a dark voice.

Alanna looks over to me confused.

"Leave her body Maltavian, she is of no use to you, just let her be."

Ryza laughs and lifts up an arm to cast a spell.

"I don't think so Maltavian!" I say as I chant a short spell.

"Bind thy demons in shadowy chains!" I yell and Ryza's body becomes entangled in shadow chains which keep her from casting any spells.

"You may of saved the girl for now, but your whole world is coming closer to destruction every day!"

Ryzas body hits the ground just then and the evil aura surrounding the room begins to dissipate.
Yo ho Yo ho!

Lady Amy of York

Drake starts to run forward to help Ryza, but I grab his arm and stop him.
"  Don't," I say to him.
  " Alanna, Ryza  needs our help," says Drake give me a puzzled look.
  " I know she does, but it is  a  trap.  I  can still sense  Maltavain's presence ."
     Then I  whisper in Drake's ear ,
       " Drake, my love, how well  do you know Ryza ?"
        " Alanna this is no time  to get jealous ," Drake  whispers back.
        "  I'm not jealous," I whisper back," I don't think that is really Ryza ."

Drake Starsong

"I know its not Ryza, Maltavian took control of her, I feel his presence as well, but not in Ryza."

Alanna lets my arm go and I bend down by Ryza. I feel her wrist for a pulse and its very feint, she is cold and clammy.

"Alanna, Ryza didn't feel she had a choice, she only means to do whats best for her people. We need to reassure her that everything will be ok. We must keep her safe, away from Maltavians reach."

Alanna nods then looks away.

"Alanna...Ryza is an old friend, I know she means well...trust me....if it was you, instead of her...if the blast didn't kill me, my broken heart would of."

Alanna looks back up with a tear on her cheek. She gets up an walks to me and I stand up to wrap my arms around her and hold her tightly.

"Lets get her to Rhondel...he should be able to heal her..for the most part."

I nod in agreement, I pick up Ryza and throw her over my shoulder. Alanna leads the way as we approach the cavern entrance where a large ship sits and all the slaves are on board. We step on board and are greeted with mixed emotions, some are cheering for their rescue, others staring coldly at Ryza's limp body.

"Everyone listen to me, we cannot go back to Farland, not yet at least. It is far to dangerous, so we will be taking a coarse to a friends keep. She has armed guards and plenty of food and room for everyone."

Everyone stares at me blankly.

"We WILL recover your homeland...I promise you this."

Everyone cheers and we set sail, hopefully Maggie can work her own magic once we reach the keep.

"What is your plan Drake?" Alanna asks.

"We will take the sea route to the Rontile Channel and then we will take the channel to Vesperia. We can dock there and its only 2 days south of the keep, if we need any supplies we can do so in town."

Alanna smiles and gives me an awkward look.

"Whats that look for?" I ask.

"Oh nothing really...just picturing you as a king...just now seemed very uncharacteristic of you."

"Oh really?" I retort.

"Yes really, its probably one of the first moments you didn't think of yourself."

I try to come up with something witty to say, but fail to find the words. I set Ryza down below deck on a hammock and come back up to help navigate the ship.

"How long will the journey be my love?"

"Seven days...what only takes us a few hours by air, will take much longer by sea and foot, but we cannot abandon them, who knows what Maltavians up to."

Alanna stares at me for a while and then stares out at the sea.

"Seven days.." She reiterates. "Seven days..."

Yo ho Yo ho!

Lady Amy of York

" Well, if there were not so many people around, I know what we could do for seven days to keep busy," I say to Drake giving him a kiss on the neck infront of everyone.
" Alanna ," replies Drake, his face growing red in embarrassment.
" Actually Draki wanted to clear something up thaat I sais earlier. When I implied that Ryza was not Ryza I was  afraid that maybe   Maltavian  had found someway to make himself look like Ryza. It would not have surprised me.  Speaking of Maltavian, I am concerned about your plan love. How do we know Maltavian is not watching us.  If we go back to Maggie's we could be leading him right to them. I will not endanger  Maggie, Leona, Robert, William, and  the children. "

Lady Amy of York

" Where do you suggest we take these people then," Drake says to me giving me a slightly impatient look.
"   I know we can't take them back to Farland, so  I  don't know...wait a sec..I  got it Drake...Oh Alanna  you are so brillant sometimes...why thankyou I know  i am....oh  yes  you have outdone  yourself  this  time..."    I say witha smile.
   "   Are you through fooling around  and talking to yourself ?" asks Drake  not amused.
     I  stick out my tongue  at him and  make  a  face.
     "  Grouch,"  I replie.
       "  So are you going to tell this  grouch where we are going ?"
      "   The only place that Maltavian  can  not enter.  To  the  Dragon  Kingdom  itself.     We  will send  word  to the others to meet us   half way  ."

Lady Amy of York

Drake looks at me and says nothing at first, but then he agress that the Dragon kingdom is the only pace that Maltavian can not enter.
" Alanna it is a long journey. Are you up to it in your condition ?"
  " I am the dragon queen Drake, and  the future queen of Farland. I must protect my people  at all costs  ."
     That what i am afraid of mumbles Drake to himself. He knows Alanna  would sacrifice her own life  for her people and family, but we should harm her unborn children.  He could not help worrying that Alnna was taking on too  much .

Lady Amy of York

We soon make land.  My people are hungry and tired, but we are still to close  to Farland, to stop and rest yet.
  We must  keep moving, despite the protests of some.
   " Those who are strong enough will help the elderly and the weak and sick   ."I order.
    I see a young child  who is weak and crippled  fall to the ground.
    " Leave him," shouts someone,'he will only slow us  down."
    " We will not leave anyone  behind ," I shout, picking up the small boy and carrying him my arms.
    Drake  walks over to me .
     " Let me take him from you," he says to me.
      "  No, I have him,"  I say to Drake. Drake looks at me and puts his hand on my arm.
       " Alanna, darling, you have to stop this."
         " Stop what ?" i say to him.
         " You know what I am talking about.  You can't keep blaming yourself  for what happen to your people."
      " I should have been there Drake. None of this would of happen.  And for all I know my adoptive parents  are dead because of me.  So no Drake I can not stop this,  for the pain I  carry in my heart right now is too great ."
   I look at the small boy in my arms and begin to cry. I turn to Drake  and say,
    " Look at this child Drake.  What kind of Queen am I?  I could not even protect an innocent child like this  from harms  way ."

Drake Starsong

"Alanna there is nothing you could of done, you had no way of knowing this would of happened, and the sooner you understand that the better. Right now you're just making it harder for yourself, and for everyone who cares about you."

I put my arm on her shoulder and a little girl and a man walk up to us. The man says he will take the young boy for his future queen and then the little girl hands her a flower and hugs her.

"Alanna they all have faith in you, they know its not your fault, they don't blame you..neither should you," I say in a gentle voice.

We continue to walk for several miles.

"Alanna..do you know where we are going?" I ask.

"What do you mean love? I thought..."

"Alanna the Dragon Lords kingdom was obliterated when I was a child...not only do I not know my way..but theres nothing to know my way to.."

Alanna's demeanor becomes grim once again.

"While we may not be able to make it to our homeland....I do have an old friend who may be able to help us. It is in the Elven city of Llorethiel."

Yo ho Yo ho!

Lady Amy of York

" Then we shall head for there love," I say to Drake  with a smile. I start to move forward when i feel a  sudden pain in my side.  I place  hand on my stomach.
  " Alanna are you alright," asks Drake all concern.
  " Our young ones just let their presence be known. Here feel for your self."  I take Drake's hand  and place it on my stomach.  Our children all let out swift kicks.   Drake looks at me in awe.
   " They are  strong like their father and mother that is  for sure ."  Then I feel another pain. I'm not too sure this one was a kick, but I say nothing to Drake, for I need not worry him.