News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Footwear question

Started by white trillium, August 03, 2008, 09:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

white trillium

My husband and I have been attending the MN faire off and on for quite a few years.  This year we decided to buy season passes and garb up.  One thing slipped our minds, what about foot wear? 

Suggestions for what is acceptable would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

sealion

While shoe choices can be just as varied as garb choices the simple answer is a maryjane style shoe for the ladies and slip on shoe for the gentlemen. Those styles are not glaringly modern and will go with most garb. Most important is to make sure your shoes are comfortable!
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

theChuck

how quickly do you need your footwear? we've got a bunch of threads on this forum about boots that you could look at. for women, there's stores like lady oren and such online, but you could just as easily go to a brick and mortar store and get a pair of low mary janes or something.

one thing i would say is to not take the cheap way out. for example, my girlfriend bought these shoes last year, and to be honest, they smelled like gasoline and were massively uncomfortable. at least put a little cash into them so you're not in pain. and maybe get some insoles or some such.
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Lady L

A few years ago, I bought some flat shoes, with a strap over the top,  made of leather, from Walmart. They only cost $10.00. They were SO comfortable, I bought 2 more pair. One pair is black, one pair was tan and I painted it gold with fabric paint and glitter, the other pair is brown. Last year, I bought some black suede slip on shoes from LLBean, $24.50. They are really comfortable too. You can order  online from LLBean and get them pretty quick. Opening day of MNRF is Aug. 16th, so you would probably have time, I would check to make sure.
:)
Former Shop Owner at MNRF