News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Pickles/Carrots in the cleavage?

Started by Arsinoe Selene, August 03, 2008, 11:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arsinoe Selene

I think this would go here.

I didn't actually see it (or just totally spaced), bt my parents saw women at a ren faire with either a pickle or a carrot stuck in their cleavege.

Why do women do this? My parents have been wondering since they saw it, and now wish they had asked one of the women there. Somebody here has to know.

Malcolm

Where else would one carry a pickle?

They make all kinds of straps and pouches to carry things on your belt, but I've yet to see a pickle pouch.
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

anne of oaktower

Quote from: Malcolm on August 04, 2008, 01:07:20 AM
Where else would one carry a pickle?

They make all kinds of straps and pouches to carry things on your belt, but I've yet to see a pickle pouch.

If that's the case, where do men carry theirs?

ummm...on second thought, we don't want to get kicked down to John's Inn  ;)
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

RumbaRue

Heheeee.......when I use to work S. Faire in San Bernadino, CA., I took a cucumber and carved a happy face in it, stuck it right in my bodice front....then would go around stroking it and asking guys if they had stroked their cucumber today.........
Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

Arsinoe Selene

analise

Same reason ladies carry roses in their cleavage, I imagine.

Or my previous roommate found it fun to stick a funnel of the King's Nuts in her cleavage and snack out of them (and, of course, offer others a taste).

Partly it's just a convenient place to put things. And partly, I imagine, it is for the attention. (I'm way too modest, to be honest. Though I've worn a rose there once or twice, should someone bestow such a favor on me. ;) )

BubbleWright

There are pickles, and there are pickles. Is your pickle this talented? I plan to present one to Miguel (hope Don Juan doesn't get jealous).

http://www.mcphee.com/items/11761.html
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Scotsman

Pickle eh? I personally have never tried to stick anything in my cleavage ... well, because I don't have one. In my humble, unqualified, opinion I imagine it is just for show ... or to make the Scots in the area feel ... ahem ... inadequate. How big did you say the pickle was? Last question, did it have a ribbon around it? ... was it blue (the ribbon)?

That is all!

*Sidebar* I am against all pickle stuffing ... lollipops are okay ... rose, sure ... bodice chiller, yup or even the occasional piece of fruit ... but not veggies and anything larger than a ......... thumb is just way out of line.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

AnyuBoo

Well, if veggies aren't quite appropriate, the pickles should still be OK since, botanically speaking, cucumbers are fruits.   ;)   ;D

OK, now that I've got that bit of silliness out of me (even if true), I'll just mosey on back to my sewing...   ;D
When everything seems to be coming your way...
...you're in the wrong lane!

PurpleDragon

Does the cucumber cease to be a fruit when it has been pickled?  If so, at what stage does this metamorphosis take place? I would imagine there must be a magick stage during the pickling where the change happens, but am not 100% sure.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

Yrose

There are a few of us that don't wear pickles, but ARE PICKLED!  :D
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Poldugarian Warrior

Seems like a convenient enough place to store a fruit or vegetable or anythin else the woman's heart desires. ;) And of course to bring attention, but a carrot or pickle seems desperate. The King's Nuts packet or bodice chiller are practical reasons to place them in the cleavage along with a rose, because the rose does look attractive in a woman's bodice, I know I've looked many a times and been caught looking because of those roses. The pickles or carrots would have me looking, but only in curiousity as to why, not that it brings any aesthetic value to the cleavage. Now the carved cucumber is the exception as are the little hanging dragons I've seen coming out of cleavage with flustered faces carved in them. These are funny and cute and make me laugh and sometimes wish I was that cucumber or dragon stuck down there. But, I say it's your cleavage ladies stuff whatever you want in there.

Dayna

Where do you see said.. "little hanging dragons I've seen coming out of cleavage with flustered faces carved in them.""?

And more importantly, does anyone know where I could get some?

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

anne of oaktower

Quote from: unilady on August 06, 2008, 06:58:12 PM
Where do you see said.. "little hanging dragons I've seen coming out of cleavage with flustered faces carved in them.""?

And more importantly, does anyone know where I could get some?

Dayna

Not sure of your location, but there is at least one vendor at PARF who makes them.  You have to ask for them, because the way these one's are designed, they cannot be displayed in the open.  (The little faces are positively adorable, but the part that gets hidden in the cleavage is definitely NC-17!)

Dayna

Minnesota  :'(

If anyone knows the name of the shop, or the website if they have one, or etc.  Please post or renmail.

Thanks!

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

Poldugarian Warrior

I seen these ladies wearing them at the MichRenFest. And as far as the NC-17 part I've never seen that far down, always try to show some restraint when viewing the ladies I'm not  a total perv. At any rate, they may sell them there I'm not sure. They look to be made of some sort of pottery or wood and painted gloss. Maybe Parf or check your home faire.

Hoowil

Quote from: RumbaRue on August 04, 2008, 12:28:39 PM
Heheeee.......when I use to work S. Faire in San Bernadino, CA., I took a cucumber and carved a happy face in it, stuck it right in my bodice front....then would go around stroking it and asking guys if they had stroked their cucumber today.........

I've seen a few ladies with pears peeking out, and would ask men if they wanted to taste their pear/pair...
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Will Gamwell

I believe they are sold by DragonFly Creations.  website is cleavagedragons (dot) com.

anne of oaktower

Quote from: Poldugarian Warrior on August 07, 2008, 10:41:49 AM
I seen these ladies wearing them at the MichRenFest. And as far as the NC-17 part I've never seen that far down, always try to show some restraint when viewing the ladies I'm not  a total perv.

The only way you'd be able to see the rest of the dragon is if the woman pulled it out to show you.   ;)

Arsinoe Selene

Those little dragons are too cute.

Hmm, I have Sculpy clay...

anne of oaktower

Quote from: Rafe on August 07, 2008, 03:05:02 PM
I believe they are sold by DragonFly Creations.  website is cleavagedragons (dot) com.

Those little guys are certainly adorable and quite family-friendly, it seems.  The ones to which I was referring are much more...ummm...well endowed  :o

Taffy Saltwater

Yes, those dragons, although darling, were G rated.  I have a pair of ceramic bodice coolers in the form of a certain part of a male's anatomy - my little (too little) secret.
Sveethot!

Lady Christina de Pond

now i have a wood baby that goes on my shoulder but they also have what they call bosum buddies  that you can purchase too.

http://www.fantasypuppet.com/index.htm
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Lairde Guardn

I picked up a "bodice cooler" for a few lasses at CRF....just a glass tube that you can fill with ice....also makes a great vase for a rose...
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

renren

Quote from: Rafe on August 07, 2008, 03:05:02 PM
They don't list MNRF on their faires.. but it looks like you can order them, by contacting them by email.
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Welsh Wench

I think I'd like to earn the respect on their own merit without the reliance of fruits and vegetables!   :D
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Taffy Saltwater

Quote from: Welsh Wench on August 12, 2008, 02:11:13 PM
I think I'd like to earn the respect on their own merit without the reliance of fruits and vegetables!   :D

What she said.
Sveethot!

Dayna

They are indeed adorable, however Not the ones originally mentioned.  I shall continue the search.  Thanks, Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench