News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Nursing While At Faire

Started by FortuneRose, August 04, 2008, 10:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you find it offensive/inappropriate for someone to nurse while at faire?

Yes-always offensive
No-Never offensive
Only if uncovered
OTHER

THELADYKAT

for all nursing moms out there Thank you

I keep getting hey he is 1 now when are you going to stop?
The Lady Kat.

Love with all your Heart, not just part of it.

THELADYKAT

Quote from: LadyFae on September 13, 2010, 10:37:48 PM
Thank you Becky.  I love when non-parents understand!  =) 
LadyKat- I know exactly what you mean!  I've nursed my girls while walking through Target many a time and SO many times people want to come see the sleeping baby!  Even then some haven't realized what was REALLY going on!  LOL!

right then you are like um he is not sleeping  :)
oooo

I had a old lady at trf last year who was grabbing at his foot and talking about how sweet and her daughter and her daughter keep trying to tell her the baby was nursing
The Lady Kat.

Love with all your Heart, not just part of it.

Shandi

There is nothing wrong with breast feeding, some discreation is needed.
My story :)
My very shy husband and I had just done a puppet show on the beach of a lake at a SCA event many years ago when this lady comes up with a 5 or 6 year old child, the woman isn't wearing much as it was. The little boy crawled into her lap and and took out the breast and began nursing all the while cuddling with her other breast. My hubby turned so red I thought he was about to pass out. He was mortified and the lady just kept chatting with him and all he wanted to do was run away, he's a gentleman and continued to listen to her talk as he looked anywhere but at her. I still giggle at his response. I still think breast feeding a child that has a full set of teeth is really pushing it, there is a time to wean them.
"Chase the Morning" "Yield for Nothing!"

LadyFae

Quote from: Shandi on September 14, 2010, 08:09:30 AM
There is nothing wrong with breast feeding, some discreation is needed.
My story :)
My very shy husband and I had just done a puppet show on the beach of a lake at a SCA event many years ago when this lady comes up with a 5 or 6 year old child, the woman isn't wearing much as it was. The little boy crawled into her lap and and took out the breast and began nursing all the while cuddling with her other breast. My hubby turned so red I thought he was about to pass out. He was mortified and the lady just kept chatting with him and all he wanted to do was run away, he's a gentleman and continued to listen to her talk as he looked anywhere but at her. I still giggle at his response. I still think breast feeding a child that has a full set of teeth is really pushing it, there is a time to wean them.

I'm with you all all counts here.  And oh, your poor hubby!  LOL!  Good for him, though, for making it through!  =)
Amanda  =D

"Do not call for your mother.  Who is it that you think let the demons in to eat you up?"