News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Much gratitude to the people of Avaloch

Started by chriscat53, August 04, 2008, 04:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chriscat53

Thanks to all of you for the wonderful time my daughter Josie and I and her friend Britt from Morelandshire had at your marvelous Faire. I wish we had gone sooner and had more weekends to visit again. What a happy fair! Not too big, not too small, nice and FLAT and what BEAUTIFUL little gardens in the glens. Oxen and alpacas and big Irish wolfhounds. I had a great time, which is very special for me because I am extremely hearing impaired and often find it hard to converse with people in noisy circumstances. It was very nice to find smaller places to sit and talk with folks. I am also a dialysis patient and Pittsburgh's hills are very difficult without energy and surefootedness. So everything was right in Avaloch. There were several other Morelandshire visitors there and so we were doubly happy. We were so excited to see lady Ophelia again before she left for home. It's not a Faire without dancing! I don't think we will have Ren dance at our Faire this year. So sad.

Professor M

It was great seeing you there, Chris!  I'm glad you had such a good time.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

DuCoeur

Chris it was good to see you there.  I too, wish you could have had more weekends at Avaloch.  That way you could have truely seen how wonderful Great Lakes is.

It truely is a magical Faire, with amazing people.  I do hope you will return next year...
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.