News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need a little good energy for my Dad

Started by Amyj, August 04, 2008, 08:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amyj

My Dad was recently told that the soreness in his legs when he walks was due to poor circulation, and that the culprit is buildup in his arteries.  He saw a doctor Friday and was told he WILL need surgery to correct this.  At this time we don't know if it's going to be a stint or bypass surgery.  As a full-on "Daddy's Little Girl" I'm scared to death.  Dad will be turning 61 in a week, so he isn't too old, nor is he too young.  I could use some good energy going his way (he talks to the surgeon on the 20th).  This is the first "real" time I've faced my parents' mortality...Dad breaking his ribs falling in the snow last winter wasn't as big.  As the oldest, the only daughter, and the uber-emotional one when it comes to family, I'm having a rough time here, and I would feel a lot better if my ren-family would help send hopes to him.

Sorry if this is disjointed...I'm not usually very good at asking for help. Thanks!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Lavender

lighting a candle and sending some healing energy your way.
IWG #3440
Landshark #19

Anna Iram

I know how scary it is to have a parent with a life threatening illness. Try not to worry too much. It sounds like it was detected in time and it's amazing what surgeons can do these days. My dad is 86 years old and he just had a triple bypass. He put it off for three years untill he had a big enough heart attack to scare him into surgery. He said he should have done it earlier. He is so much better now.

A hug for you!! Don't worry. :)

lordwriothsley

AmyJ don't ever think that something like this is disjointed.This is simply you asking for our thoughts and prayers for someone you love and since this is your Dad your asking for our prayers for I will say a special prayer for him because i know how hard it is to have to face reality especially when it is a parent facing something like this.My grandfather who was really the only real father to me got sick back in the mid 90's and from there just started going even futher down hill and even then it was still hard for me to except that,but I know your Dad will pull through this because good things happen to good people.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

daylight

My prayer are with you. stay positive and  Look to the best out come, it always easy to see the bad. It just sort of shows up and worry sets in. Try  just look at the best out come for you never really know how things will turn out and maybe the best out come might just be what happens.

lady serena

You and your Dad are in my thoughts and prayers.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

LadyOren

Sending prayers and lighting candles.  Courage and strength to your family, love moves mountains.
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

Welsh Wench

Amy, my dad had a heart attack when he was 69. He was/is a heavy smoker and basically had not taken care of himself his whole life. He had a quadruple bypass.
He had some re-routing of his arteries/veins in his legs five years ago.

The man is now 81, goes to the race track just about every day, and plays poker three nights a week.

Think about how much they've come a long way since then in heart surgeries.

To quote Young Frankenstein, 'Hearts and kidneys are tinker toys!'

Your dad will be fine.  :)
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Amyj - I had a brother inlaw go through this. Outcome was great, just remember they are tougher than we give them credit for. MY thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep us posted.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

RenRobin

You and your family are in my prayers.  Prayers for speedy healing for your father, and for calmness and
secure feeling for you. 
Loki-terr (in training)

Crosslevel

Prayers of peace and healing for your dad, and a special prayer of peace to you are lifted up!

adam
adam