News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Yard sales

Started by CountessofPhoenix, May 10, 2008, 01:32:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountessofPhoenix

This thread ran on the other site , but I love to hear of peoples bargains! Last week I bought 2 polyester curtain panels in blue, over 10 yards $3, 4 yds. of 60"cream colores polished cotton $4, 5 bags of old buttons $1 for all. May make a cape put of some of it. Or harem pants for my daughter. Today a gallon sack of lace, 2yds of a burgundy cotton print, 2 yds of a corduroy print, $1 each, and 1 1/2 yds of black and gray tartan $2
Countess of Phoenix
Descendant of Celtic Nobility
Designer Extraordinaire
We are only limited by what we can dream

LadyOren

Gotta love yard sales,  Today I found 4 french lace window panels that are to die for, but the best find was 18 yards of Emerald Linen still on the bolt, the outer wrap was a bit faded and dusty but the inner sections are in perfect condition, total cost for the two 8 bucks. :o
When I'm gone look for me beneath your boots, for I have returned to the ground from which I came.   Walt Whitman

Tygrkat

I found two pillows that I am going to make covers for, to use as ringbearer's pillows in our wedding, a fitted linen sheet that will be great fabric for bloomers, and a bunch of faux pearl and gold jewelry that will make a lovely girdle, I'll just need to add a few connecting rings and a clasp...plus a couple of books, a 2 quart thermos, a calligraphy set, and some Cat-in-the-hat dishes all for $8.50  ;D
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

CapnFayeCutler

Last weekend when mom was up here we went yard sale-ing. I found some really nice pieces for my garb. I found a sheet that would make a great skirt, TONS of fabric remnants (anywhere from .5yd to 5yd) for dirt cheap, two hair barrettes that are really nice and look old, and two adjustable costume rings that just look amazing. All in all I spent about 4 bucks.  ;D
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

gypsylakat

Actually I have a question regarding yard sales, anyone know when the Team Wench maryland yard sale will be? We had a scheduling conflict last year so we were only able to attend like the first part of it and we realized that to find all of the goodies a full day of browsing was in order. Has a date been set yet?
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

sealion

I'm not much for yard sales but love to troll the clearance sections of the stores. Last week I bought four panels of red silk lined in cotton that added up to over nine yards on clearance at Bed, Bath, & Beyond for $25. I'm thinking they will become my practice Venetian gown.  :)
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

mellingera

I don't yard sale much either, but I find lots of bargains at Ollie's and Ross (in the form of curtains, tablecloths, sheets, etc)! Recently snagged tablecloths in 2 colors, enough for 1 gown in each hopefully... each package had a 84" long (2.33 yd) by 55" wide tablecloth and (6) 18" square napkins for $6.99!

FaireMare

Like the thread, but lets really work hard at keeping the items we discuss on the RENsiide... Please.

FaireMare