News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Castleteers 19, alive and kicking.

Started by Paul Blackpowder, October 22, 2015, 11:05:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindChime

I should be there for a visit since I will be vending for the castle days show as always.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

StareNorthSteve

Sad to say, we will once again not be able to make it. Perhaps we'll be able to make the next one. Cheers to all and take care!

sns
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Jay Byrd

Jay Byrd and Mary form the Great state of New Jersey are still planning on attending.  What are we to do, just show up?

spirit

As of right now my restrictions will be lifted by the event and I hope to attend.  I will bring my usual, what ever I can get at the store.

Jay Byrd

i was going to make a shepard's pie, and a spaghetti dish for non meat eaters.   Obviously our alcohol.  do we bring a tent?

Jay Byrd

oh and firewood, oak.  I will get to cutting and splitting.

StareNorthSteve

Quote from: Jay Byrd on March 24, 2016, 08:46:16 AM
i was going to make a shepard's pie, and a spaghetti dish for non meat eaters.   Obviously our alcohol.  do we bring a tent?

Jay - Many people bring a sleeping bag and/or air mattress and crash in the castle. I've always taken the seat's out of my van and slept in the back. There is power access at the end of the parking lot so, you could run extension cords to a heated blanket if it's really cold. As for a tent, I think some people may have done that although I have never seen it.

sns
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Captain Itchy Scratchy

As of right now I hope to be in attendance.  ;D
IBRSC #1715 
IFRP   #1649
Captain of The Mandalore's Bounty
Lost Viking
Loveland "Castleteer"
knight of Briarwood
Knight of Willy Nilly on the Wash

Jay Byrd

StareNorthSteve, Thank you for the information.  Sorry to see that as of now you will not be attending.  It seems like it will be great fun. 

Is there anything else that should be brought with? 

Thanks,

Jay Byrd

Paul Blackpowder

For those that are new, this is a garbed event. And for those staying the night, bring bedding, ie mattress and blankets/ sleeping bags. Also something for the potluck dinner on Saturday. April can be chilly, watch the weather forecast.

Jay Byrd

Black Powder Paul Thank you for the info.  We will bring food and some wood, and of course be garbed.

Jay Byrd

I was just brushing up on the laws of transporting wood, and from NJ to Ohio is a no-no.  I did find a place to buy wood locally. 

Jay Byrd

One question;

How will the heating of food happen?  It will depend on what I prepare the food in.  If it needs to be heated on the fire cast iron, if in a microwave ceramic?

jinx

Sin and I are planning to finally come back. Fingers crossed! Since we're a few hours away, I'm not sure yet what we'll be able to bring, but I will most likely bake something. :D
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

humphrey

jay byrd, we have a grill, a firepit, electric inside and out. most use crock pots for hot food. but you are limited only by your imagination