News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

SWFF Official Countdown

Started by KiltedPrivateer, October 26, 2015, 08:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiltedPrivateer

Why won't our moderator pin this thread?
So next year, March and April.
11 months and counting (o:
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Merlin the Elder

That is going to throw my rhythm off...
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

PollyPoPo

Yep, the schedule overlaps Scarby by 3 weeks.  Gonna be an adjustment for some folks.

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

KiltedPrivateer

We don't do Scarby regularly.
When we do make it out, it is usually for closing weekend.
So no issues for us (o:
Lover of Lady Kitara

Merlin the Elder

For us, SWFF is the long trip, and we do opening weekend only (we've only missed the very first opening day). We'll have to see if the shift causes and issue with work. We do 1-3 weekends at Scarby, as it's 5 hours distant rather than 8.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Craigmeister

If I were given the choice, I would choose Sherwood.  It has a more open layout, is more archery orientated, has a more outgoing cast, it's easy to find numerous Celtic bands and seems to have more of a "village" atmosphere.  (Can you tell I have a new favorite faire)?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

scarletnyx

Moreso for me, the new schedule interferes with our busy time at work. They are much more harsh about taking weekends off during March/April then Feb/March. Also, I help out with a nonprofit that is growing every year, and I just can't afford to choose faire over them anymore.

I was going to go Opening ( feb )  and our big fundrasier ( march ), but now it looks like I'll have to forgo opening and prolly only do one weekend ( April ). Hopefully they'll be more lenient, but I doubt that.

I understand changing it ( Feb has had some bad weather ) so I'm not mad. Just sad that my life structure is changing it seems like.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

KiltedPrivateer

Is it time to start counting down to 2017?
Lover of Lady Kitara

scarletnyx

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on November 03, 2016, 03:40:42 PM
Is it time to start counting down to 2017?
I think it's time! It's never too early to start!
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

Ginette

102 days, 19 hours and 8 minutes until Sherwood!!
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Asger

95 days, 21 hours, 25 minutes until Sherwood.

KiltedPrivateer

Don't forget about the work weekend this weekend. Unless you are like the many who will be at Dickens in Galveston.
Lover of Lady Kitara

reharbert

Only my second year involved in Ren Faires, but I'm hooked. TRF was a success this year, and cannot wait until Sherwood this coming spring!

scarletnyx

Quote from: reharbert on November 28, 2016, 09:16:33 AM
Only my second year involved in Ren Faires, but I'm hooked. TRF was a success this year, and cannot wait until Sherwood this coming spring!

Sherwood is our " home faire" and the one we connect with the most. The music, food, and acts are all worlds above TRF. TRF is still nice, and their acts are enjoyable, but for the husband and I Sherwood takes the cake.
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

Ginette

Quote from: scarletnyx on December 02, 2016, 10:46:42 PM
Quote from: reharbert on November 28, 2016, 09:16:33 AM

Sherwood is our " home faire" and the one we connect with the most. The music, food, and acts are all worlds above TRF. TRF is still nice, and their acts are enjoyable, but for the husband and I Sherwood takes the cake.

Can't wait to see you and the husband!! Love and hugs!!
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!