News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

SWFF Official Countdown

Started by KiltedPrivateer, October 26, 2015, 08:31:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiltedPrivateer

It is 8 days, 2 hours, 19 minutes, 0 seconds

until Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 10:00:00 am (Austin time)
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

scarletnyx

I sadly have to work Opening ( short due to budget cuts, but not for long! ) but Alex will be out.

we're starting to get stuff together, and I'm going new haik shopping in about a week. I'm excited!
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

Trillium

Sure is awfully crickety here...  Come on folks, give me some updates!!!  Need my virtual fix since I don't get to go!!!! :'(
Got faerie dust?

KiltedPrivateer

The SWFF forum doesn't seem to get the traffic that TRF does.  Our first weekend was wet. Lots of wet.  We didn't go last weekend, but we will be up there this weekend. It's spring break weekend, so the faire is open Fri, Sat and Sun.  Lots going on Saturday night in the camp grounds.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Trillium

I want to go soooo badly!!! This weekend looks perfect!! But we have a vehicle down and trying to do some home remodeling.  :-\  Hopefully next year!!  Even then, I can't camp.  My hubby won't let me after the last time I broke out in a nasty rash on the way home that the doctor couldn't diagnose.  I had huge itchy blisters on my hands for a week and could barely bend them...  I'm assuming it was an allergic reaction to something unknown but even with promises of wearing gloves and taking allergy meds, he won't budge. :(
Got faerie dust?

KiltedPrivateer

That's a very protective hubby you have there. And there is no shortage of plants and animals to be allergic to in that forest. Plenty of poison oak. One of our crew ended up in the hospital after a nasty encounter with the poison oak.

But she still comes to camp, when she can. She is just more careful and washes with the prescribed soap as a preventative.

Cautious is good, over protective though, not so much (o:
Lover of Lady Kitara

Trillium

I know it wasn't poison oak or poison ivy.  I grew up in WV so have had plenty of encounters with that!!  I don't know if there was some plant that isn't in the Houston area (we've camped around here enough) or it could have even been the soaps in the bathroom.  I've never had a rash that severe before, I had huge blisters running the length of my fingers. I've had small ones that were a reaction to soaps and chemicals when I was a server long, long ago, but nothing like that.   Hubby has medical background so immediately thinks of the worst...infections, skin grafts, sepsis... :o  where I think "give me an allergy pill and we'll see what happens!"  There is probably a balance somewhere in between!  At the moment, it's a hotel... ::)  But I'll keep working at it!  :D
Got faerie dust?

KiltedPrivateer

Alright, here comes April.  Let's see how the weather pans out for the final four weekends of SWFF.
Lover of Lady Kitara

KiltedPrivateer

We are coming up on the final weekend of Sherwood. And this board has been dead dead dead. It's sad sad sad.

I hope to see lots of my RF friends around the forest next weekend.
Lover of Lady Kitara

scarletnyx

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on April 18, 2017, 07:33:09 AM
We are coming up on the final weekend of Sherwood. And this board has been dead dead dead. It's sad sad sad.

I hope to see lots of my RF friends around the forest next weekend.

Its been dead because everyone is at SWFF ( hopefully ).

Alex and I will be out for closing/Our anniversary on Sunday!
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

Merlin the Elder

Congrats on that, Scarletnyx!
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

KiltedPrivateer

Yes, congratulations on your anniversary. Hopefully I'll remember when I see you this weekend. (o:
Lover of Lady Kitara

VIII

My wife, Susan, and I were able to travel to Sherwood Forest this year. They treated us like... well... Royalty!
We've found a new home faire!
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

KiltedPrivateer

Huzzah!!
Hope to see y'all in the forest next season
Lover of Lady Kitara

Ginette

Quote from: VIII on May 02, 2017, 12:09:13 PM
My wife, Susan, and I were able to travel to Sherwood Forest this year. They treated us like... well... Royalty!
We've found a new home faire!

Can't wait to meet you and welcome!
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!