News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Condolences on the loss of Dan K

Started by anne of oaktower, December 04, 2015, 01:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anne of oaktower

There is so little activity here on the RF forums anymore that I'm not even sure anyone will see this, but I wanted to offer my condolences on the tragic death of Dan Kaufman.  I did not know him, had never heard his name before, but as pictures flashed briefly on my local news station this evening I saw one that stood out from all the others...it was obvious that that smiling face belonged to a fellow rennie, and suddenly a violent crime on the opposite side of the country mattered a bit more than it had just moments earlier.  My heart goes out to Ryan, and to all of you who knew Dan. May you find some measure of peace and comfort in the love and memories you have of him.  Love, Light, and Blessings to you from (just North of) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.   
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Toua Taru

::lights a candle::

I didn't know of Dan but I saw on Facebook that Broon had posted of his passing and I'd like to share what he wrote:
"There was a man, I didn't know him personally but I remember seeing him parade by waving a flag. I would always wave at him and he usually waved back. He passed away yesterday in San Bernardino after being shot. I wanted to take this moment and wave back once more. Hi, Daniel."

I know he will be greatly missed. My condolences go out to his family! <3
Leave a little sparkle wherever you go

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House

Merlin the Elder

I, too, would like to offer condolences to those who knew him, to the entire Rennie community, and to humanity.

I am about to turn 64 years old. I don't know how much time I have left, but I sure would like to spend some small portion of that time in a world at peace. I am a realist, however. The only peace I will ever have is when I am gone, and that is a sad commentary.

Please try to expunge any trace of hatred or bigotry from your heart. At the rate things are going, we may not get another chance.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Butch

Thoughts and prayers sent for him and his survivors.