News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Any Holiday Storm Damage At Scarby?

Started by Craigmeister, December 28, 2015, 10:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craigmeister

My nephew's aunt on the other side of his family lives in west Waxahachie.  A tornado came within a half-mile of their house over the weekend.  Does anyone know if the Scarborough site suffered any damage?
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Merlin the Elder

I believe the damage was north a bit, but our former Queen Anne's parents lost their RV, truck, and many belongings. They just HAPPENED to be at Shannon's house at the time the RV park was hit, as I understand it, and they were not hurt.

Coy Sevier (GM) posted a map on Facebook of Ellis county damage, and the worst damage appeared to be about 9 miles or so north of Scarby, where a neighborhood was hit.  Lots of flooding, however, in various areas.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Craigmeister

It's good to see that none of them were hurt.  I feel for all of those who were affected by the storms.  My Mom was in two houses that were hit by tornadoes when she was growing up.  That has made me a firm believer in storm cellars.  Safe rooms are better than nothing but when an EF-4 or EF-5 is raging, you HAVE to be underground.  If an SUV slams into a safe room at 200 mph, there's nothing to do but pray.
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.